Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
The1

Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...

Post by The1 »

Thinking about the reply string
490 [8] FE 40 A1 2C 4E CC 00 00

It's like FE 40 security replys back A1 code already programmed?

So perhaps this is where the FE40 or others bits we tried setting before with 10min timer, once that timers finished perhaps try programming a key over the top then.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:nice work :thumbup:

Had a quick play with various strings writing with 3B but no luck, would only get the timeout 01 60 after it. No Reply. Like on that PID it's expecting more data.

I tried the extra strings with same result.

Only till i tried the last 3 frames of data, BINGO it worked, it now shows as security code programmed and immobilizer function programmed, i can reset it with that code as well. I wonder if you had a cars pin already then ran this through and swapped the ecu in if it's all happy then?

i tried resending it again once pin is programmed with another different pin, but i get 7F back, so we can program a pin without anything else connected now but still can't change or read the pin, i tried various 1A's on 63, see if you have any luck there. Perhaps trying to load 63 into a DPID and reading out the first 4 bytes may do it?
Seems different operating systems or years allow you to program pin and put into vehicle and it will be happy.

Some you can program the a second ecu and both ecus will still start vehicles.

But I've had others that wont.

Perhaps its also changing a single bit in the pim when linking an ecu in certain years/hardware.

I've not looked into it well enough

Stoked to see all this work going into the E55!

Good work boys.
The1

Post by The1 »

thanks for that, yeh immo stuff there just isnt any information available for obvious reasons, the intent here though was to be able to use a used ecu and replace a bad one in a car. IMMO off would be great for alloytech transplants i can only think has anyone tried a reset ECU on a standalone engine?
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:thanks for that, yeh immo stuff there just isnt any information available for obvious reasons, the intent here though was to be able to use a used ecu and replace a bad one in a car. IMMO off would be great for alloytech transplants i can only think has anyone tried a reset ECU on a standalone engine?
Yeah Absolutely, Ive replaced 45 of them since late last year and already sent the previous 45 to injectronics as a deal, though I normally get the PIMS sent to me when I get my ECU's however without the PIMs means I need to send away VIN for the immo to unlock on bench.

So to be able to brute force for Immo means I would no longer require the PIMS,

Side Note, can anybody use the 60 odd PIMS I have here in storage for anything haha?

Though I haven't had an unlocked ECU as standalone, im fairly sure when the security code isn't programmed, it doesn't allow Injector pulse like the rest of them, atleast on the bench?
Can try and confirm
VZ ecus.jpg
VZ ecus.jpg (223.54 KiB) Viewed 3467 times
The1

Post by The1 »

i could prob use a pim on the bench lol i only have VZ ecu, barina xc ecu and astraH ecu, the astraH ecu is pretty much same immo setup as VZ just a little different strings for the pin. the barina is KWP2000 so different ballgame, have got the pin string but no way to defeat the immo lockout timer yet, havn't been able to find immo pin in memory anywhere but carprog apparently can.

Yeh would be good to see if injectors work.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:i could prob use a pim on the bench lol i only have VZ ecu, barina xc ecu and astraH ecu, the astraH ecu is pretty much same immo setup as VZ just a little different strings for the pin. the barina is KWP2000 so different ballgame, have got the pin string but no way to defeat the immo lockout timer yet, havn't been able to find immo pin in memory anywhere but carprog apparently can.

Yeh would be good to see if injectors work.
I have Carprog here, was trying to set that up with the ME9.6 but turns out they never used K line.
So it sits there awaiting the next project.

Astra H is a good one to get into, My wreckers throw the ecus away as they cant unlock them.

I could Send a few 10 PIMS over to you if you need, but I am in NZ ;)
The1

Post by The1 »

I will brute force an astraH later but shouldnt be a problem. Yeh carprog is ment to read Kline so on barinaXC.

I'll let you know then if need pins, cheers
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Trionic can flasher can read and write Did tazzi
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Here's a did read
pickapart vz ecu rerad.rar
(320 Bytes) Downloaded 216 times
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem