GM You done f*cked UP with programming

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: GM You done f*cked UP with programming

Post by Tazzi »

There is a notice on the acdelco site that the VZ-VE is still being fixed... and by that I believe they mean still being ported to the new system. :roll:

SPS1 can still be purchased at $78+gst for 24hours access. Since you have wasted a credit, if you contact them, they should generate you a free SPS1 session.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

I've found their system so unreliable, that I went to the extent of rigging up my own Tazzi-SPS to pull the latest calibration numbers.. and will host the files on a local server to pull into software.
Im still working on pulling the actual calibration files down for any missing, but they appear to called using a secure socket connection to their servers. Its technically a simple request.. ie... gmservername.com/getCalibrationID (along those lines) and then a post frame is sent.. but this request is sent after the socket connection sends the encrypted data to a proxy server.

About ready to just decompile SPS2.. import in IDE and just start stepping through the code until it can be pulled 1 by 1 :lol:
LocalServer.PNG
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Im so over the clunky Techline system and the hit and miss SPS2 system. Why couldn't they wait to export everything into it before making it a mandatory shift!!!! Good work Tazzi, perhaps GM should employ you, as clearly your systems are far more reliable then theirs :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Tazzi wrote:There is a notice on the acdelco site that the VZ-VE is still being fixed... and by that I believe they mean still being ported to the new system. :roll:

SPS1 can still be purchased at $78+gst for 24hours access. Since you have wasted a credit, if you contact them, they should generate you a free SPS1 session.
Thanks Tazzi, I didn't realize that :thumbup:

So I pulled the trigger on a days access, got up to programming and get bounced on "Unknown ECU hardware. No reprogramming possible. Hardware number - 01273057" tried both replace and reprogram.

I flashed another "stock" file and got something to the effect of "software too new?"
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

That other bounce reads “E4419: Unknown ECU software detected which might be a newer version. Programming process is stopped.”
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Righto, the fix for that was to use the wrong vin :think:

I was changing the vin on each file to match the car, got a base file on it now :thumbup:
minytrker

Post by minytrker »

I have to change vin to what I want to it to be before using techline now, is there a workaround yet?
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

I was able to get around it. Went into my subscription list and found a similar purchased vin and loaded that up so it comes into the drop down list when you are selecting your model/year etc.
it says the vin doesnt match the session and would you like to update the chosen vin - hit yes. the connected vin up top will still be wrong but the one that SPS is connected to is the paid one.
choose replace/replace program and hit next. choose holden, then your module ( i only have engine connected on the bench), then trans and tyre size....then go!
after its finished it said vin detected doesnt match car again, just hit accept the change of vehicle.
story's over.
i took pics of it all so i remember how to do it too.

this ecu was non responsive after the wrong software got pushed in so it was brought back to life in bdm mode but once i got it talking on obd again it was experiment time.
also got DPS cals made up for it so you could change the vin that way but i had a credit i was prepared to lose. i still have the credit, tricked sps2 and learned how to make dps files. :)
happy holidays haha...

https://mega.nz/folder/9UFUibIC#CwEPClIkst_GD3TTMeO2kA
Archive-3666.zip
(5.36 MiB) Downloaded 236 times
minytrker

Post by minytrker »

They must have updated something because I just flashed 10 E38's and changed the VIN in all of them in techline. Before it wouldn't let me do it.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

minytrker wrote:They must have updated something because I just flashed 10 E38's and changed the VIN in all of them in techline. Before it wouldn't let me do it.
I thought something was off because when I did the same thing it didn't gripe about a vin mismatch error..