GM You done f*cked UP with programming

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
In-Tech

Re: GM You done f*cked UP with programming

Post by In-Tech »

My bud works at a huge multi dealership, their shit isn't working either and have cars stacked up. They were supposed to be updated/fixed this weekend and it hasn't happened. Management is super pissed and I bet all the other dealerships nationwide are too. What a bunch of BS.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

I was suppose to be programming all of yesterday, but ended up with multi dealerships and workshops calling me out to help. Makes me realize just how many people rely on it.
On of the guys said they found me due to this thread as I quoted the same error code they are receiving. :roll:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Tazzi wrote:I was suppose to be programming all of yesterday, but ended up with multi dealerships and workshops calling me out to help. Makes me realize just how many people rely on it.
On of the guys said they found me due to this thread as I quoted the same error code they are receiving. :roll:
Always a good thing having those connections!!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Luckily I have an ~265mb folder with a ton of modules that gets me out of trouble on most stuff, of course doesn't help when I need something I don't have :(
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

In-Tech wrote:My bud works at a huge multi dealership, their shit isn't working either and have cars stacked up. They were supposed to be updated/fixed this weekend and it hasn't happened. Management is super pissed and I bet all the other dealerships nationwide are too. What a bunch of BS.
yep i heard they are having issues at my locals too. ive just pushed jobs back to next week unless i can do it with old or other methods
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

In-Tech wrote:Luckily I have an ~265mb folder with a ton of modules that gets me out of trouble on most stuff, of course doesn't help when I need something I don't have :(
Im impressed! Thats a solid folder! I only primarily keep Cluster, BCM, EBCM, Radio/HMI, ECM and TCM files for common vehicles I deal with.
Once I am back up and running properly again, since now my normal SPS is also having problems with missing calibrations (honestly gm..), I can look at grabbing anything your missing so long as we can emulate it.
julespatch wrote:yep i heard they are having issues at my locals too. ive just pushed jobs back to next week unless i can do it with old or other methods
I really hope a GM dev reads any of this.. and realizes I will poke ever hole in their current setup to make them realise how stupid it is and that the choice of SPS1 should be allowed.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

When your talking about missing calibrations your talking about when they don't have the vehicle or the module 'built' in their system and sps2 cannot get any calibrations for the module your programming, right? Sorry I don't remember the error code, lol..

if so, yup.. Been getting plenty of that here.. Call techline and they fault your system, then when you call back and have an approved system spitting the same error they then state that it's a known problem and their working on it.. Don't have any vehicles hung up at the moment but we have in the past..
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Exactly.
My own personal ute, I cant even get past that the VIN registration screen since it NOT IN THEIR SYSTEM.

I would love to meet the dev that decided to make an application and not point it at their current database of files and VINs. Im sure they are trying to do some sort of migration scheme, but surely a shimmy to the old database to allow existing compatibility would be the best bet until fully migrated.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

I'm curious.. What happens if you type your vin into the sps calibration page? https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web
Does it show cal info there or is that messed up to? Curious if that can be a way to double check to make sure its on gm's end of things.. I've wanted to do that next time it happens to me but now since I thought of that it's been good plus I've had a non sps2 last coupla weeks with big jobs..
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

Tazzi did you change your region to Australia? I noticed it was set to NA on initial setup.