Nothin like a smoked turkey on the Weber

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
In-Tech

Nothin like a smoked turkey on the Weber

Post by In-Tech »

I've had this 16 lb'er hangin' out in the freezer since before Thanksgiving and I came back from Smart and Final(store) with too much crapola. She had to go :mrgreen: Seasoned up with some magic dust(mainly Mrs Dash, crushed garlic bouillon cubes and Tony Chachere's cajun) and is smokin' away on the Weber with Hickory.
Yummy :D Indirect heat, 3-4 extra coal cubes per side an hour approximately along with more hickory pellets. Man, I'm gonna smell like Hickory wood for a few days :)

Plenty to give away to friends family and neighbors :thumbup:
Turkey1.jpg
Turkey2.jpg
Last edited by In-Tech on Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In-Tech

Re: Nothin like a smoked turkey on the Weber

Post by In-Tech »

Zippy is about to get a neck and heart. She's a Queensland Red, She's a fast heeler named Zippy and has been patiently waiting :P Her favorite chew toy is named Pelosi and her second is Newsom and she takes it serious :mrgreen:
Zippy1.jpg
Zippy2.jpg
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Ooo looks yummy! :thumbup: Nice Doggo you got there.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

vlad01 wrote:Ooo looks yummy! :thumbup: Nice Doggo you got there.
X2 :thumbup:
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Oh-boy, Turkey sandwiches for days ... Yum!

Nice red!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Thanks guys, it sure is yummy, wish you guys were closer. I left the back door open for a bit and Zippy never left the side of the BBQ, lol. Dogs were barking for blocks, whole backyard full of smoke and drifting over the fences. Zippy was sure to bark back that this was her turkey :D
I cut straight through the breast plate, peeled back the cracklin skin and just started forking out super tender juicy meat onto paper plates that were destined for freezer bags, each plate was about 3" tall, 6 high when one fell to the floor. Zippy didn't even lift her head, just looked at me with that "I sowwy" face :lol: Shoot, I went to tear off a drumstick and the bone just pulled out clean as a whistle :geek:
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I've been threatening my missus with a deep fried turkey. Every year at Xmas we have the whole family over and having an oven going for days is something I no longer enjoy. Deep fried turkey.....
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Nothing wrong with deep frying ANYTHING, I love it. I wonder if a guy could add liquid smoke to the oil :think: Over here it's winter during thanksgiving and I killed a turkey one year trying to deep fry it, it was colder than normal that year and I couldn't keep the oil hot enough. The whole thing ended up in the trash can :comp:

Do you guys have weber's over there? Once my bud showed me how he cooks a turkey on his using indirect heat, I never looked back and will never bake one in the oven again either. The next year I added the hickory plus my rub and took some to him, he was super impressed how awesome the flavor is.
I have different grills depending on what I am doing. My weber is the cheap base model like this pic.
Weber_22.jpg
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

We sure do have them over here. I have a blue 22" myself.we don't have many 'coloured' Weber's over here. Black is very common. Colours rarely come over here and in limited numbers when they do.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I don't have a webber but I do have a pizza oven which gets used for a lot of things but not very many pizza's.