Swings & Roundabouts

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
VNracer34G
cars: VN V6 Production Saloon

Re: Swings & Roundabouts

Post by VNracer34G »

delcowizzid wrote:went to the season opening meating down here last night couple of vn's in the production class one at the front of the field only one front drive car there good night out
Spose you were down to the pits offering to tune them lol. Just had a look at there website - i'm tempted to make a roadtrip, its possible productions could be stood down on Wellington champs night 29/1/11 but on the same night its Waikato Production Saloon champs in Huntly and next night King Country Production Saloon Champs in Kihikihi so better opportunity for having a slice of there pies so to speak, dead keen on getting some funding to travel to other tracks this season in the hope of there being island & national champs next season - a couple of people here have been nagging me to change the number on my car but the wife got shirts made up with my number on and i'd have to change my number on here and another coupla forums too. Only way i'd change numbers on the car would be to put 1,2 or 3NZ on it - and with my driving --------FAT CHANCE :lol:
Build it, Race it, Break/Bend it ; Repeat.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

haha nah mate didnt even make it into the pits place was packed and i couldnt be knaffed pushing through crowds
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

It's a damn shame that we don't have production saloons at my local tracks as it sounds like a real blast and the missus has suggested it's something we could do :(
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

immortality wrote:It's a damn shame that we don't have production saloons at my local tracks as it sounds like a real blast and the missus has suggested it's something we could do :(
Hey mate, i see its taken you 18 months to make your second post :lol: i'm honoured. And to think theres a couple of pics on here of your heads "on my bench" but you didn't even know i was doing them till today so i'll let you off, i'll leave it up to you to find them. You need to get your VN up on this site - its a perfect candidate for OSE12P when you get your new motor with blower and giggle gas going.

Get the family to come for a summer holiday and the missus may be pursuaded to escape the rat race that is Auckland. Thats how i got here and i wouldn't turn back for nothin.
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

Not long home from last pre-season practice, the young fulla with the ministock is gutted cos fuel started pissing out past his accelerator pump plunger so he didn't even make onto the track, which was a mess first session, second session i managed to stick 34g into the wall fucken hard coming out of two and one of the ramps on my trailer shat itself - fun and games - time to drown me sorrows methinks ---thats gonna be hard work lol
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

lucky you have alcohol to help with sorrows :D
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

Sure as hell helped when me mate came over to join me in the shed, by the time i sent myself inside to bed standing upright placed my head at far to high an altitude to provide enough oxygen for spacial stability.

Damage report in cars thread.

the lugs broke off one of the ramps on the trailer when i unloaded at the track yesterday and had fun and games getting the car on again --- which is where it stays till i fix and modify the ramps, yet another task for the week :sad2:
Attachments
last_practice_carnage_021small.jpg
last_practice_carnage_021small.jpg (86.19 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

looks like the lugs on the other ramp is just about to do the same thing too!
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

The ramps got fixed well in time for the first meeting, still not too happy with the arrangement of how they hook onto the trailer but doing the job for now ;)

The lad with the ministock is pretty happy with how his new motors going and i will be doing some further tuning on it for him soon - he reckons he can't keep up with the 30k cars out there :sad2: i think hes learning which buttons to push with me hahaa

The guy with the stockcar i tickled up the heads for reckons the 26k motors are not pulling away on him now :D

My mate with the old HQ Streetstock completely fried his clutch during the second meeting feature race and as i had bugger all to do to 34G i stuck my hand up to do it, when we got it up on stands in my shed i had a good look at the belly of the old girl thats in its seventeenth season - i swore a bit, cracked up laughing, stood up and told me mate i hope like fuck i never see anything that rough in my shed again then we proceeded to drink and talk shit with great enthusiasm. Long story short it eventually got done but it was a mission with his butcherous shortened bellhousing needing work as well as the fork and shifter while apart. Got put onto MP Autoparts in Wellington and got awesome service from Greg who knew exactly what i needed (how many parts places can ya say that about these days?) and sorted out an uprated clutch for us pronto. Saturday night he was flying and got a third in Main2, In the feature he was second with one corner and haalf a straight to the flag and went infeild :wtf: when the tractor had pushed him onto his trailer afterwards i hopped under for a sticky beak- bloody thing blew the front UJ to bits - luckily the driveshaft hoop did its job.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

seems we may be getting v6 sprint cars here next season from what ive been asked about lately might be in for a play there :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem