Swings & Roundabouts

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Holden202T

Re: Swings & Roundabouts

Post by Holden202T »

i can give you a tune from one of them which is a good example of how not to set them up :P
VNracer34G
cars: VN V6 Production Saloon

Post by VNracer34G »

delcowizzid wrote:seems we may be getting v6 sprint cars here next season from what ive been asked about lately might be in for a play there :mrgreen:
Found this bulletin on the SNZ website,http://www.speedway.co.nz/pdf/Directors ... 202010.pdf they're going to be a regional class for Dunedin & Cromwell - very restrictive engine spec rules (which could be a good thing if they can enforce them effectively) and i don't think much "playing" for ya mate. T-10-6-7 only SNZ control ecu - :hmm: might be something in wiring them up crutched with the odd resistor maybe, be interesting to find out the spec of the "control ecu "

Should be a good entry level open wheeler class though, real tyres/suspension and minimum weight is literally half that of my VN full of fuel
Build it, Race it, Break/Bend it ; Repeat.
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

Hell of a night on Tuesday, first race of the night was ministocks, there was a fair bit of argy-bargy and about a lap before the end the lad i've been helping out went infeild and stopped and got hauled out by the tractor afterwards, turns out he got caught up in some carnage and the right corner of his front bumper was pushed around holding the wheel hard left lock, i chipped in to give a hand - i was blown away by the officials and other competitors helping out with these kids, got permission from the scrutineer to run without the underrider bars on the corner and sent him off to get the splits in the bumper bar welded once it was straight----ish cos it was time for me to get into my own car for my first race.

Turned out to be a night of carnage across the board - fortunately i stayed out of it with only a banged up left front guard to worry about (not much worry though lol ), i didn't see the third ministock race but by all accounts i've heard the lad got turned and slammed into the wall head on full tilt and got knocked out momentarily, first i knew was when i saw his car on the pad by the ambulance with St. Johns all over him, by the time o got there they had his helmet off and the poor bugger was frozen still and pale as not looking his usual chirpy self, one of the ambos was fumbling with his harness and about to cut it off him so i stepped up and released it and carefully unhooked him then stepped back and left the pros to it while i had a quick squizz at the car, hit the wall hard enough for the strop around the front of the motor to fail and destroy the mounts and the motor/box is about seven inches forward and into the radiator, the fornt bumper is now well and truly fucked and thats all i know for sure for now, he got towed in by cousins so i grabbed the wife outta the stands ( He's started calling her mum lately) and she rode with him to the hospital to get the big checkup once they got him out, they took the body off the car and gave him the option of trying to carefully get assisted up and out or get the fire guys to cut the cage off , he managed to gingerly move. He came out the other side of obs and a catscan o.k but he's pretty bruised up and moving very carefully when i saw him lunchtime today, the missus told me that up at the hospital all he was worried about was the car and getting hid overalls cut off upset him bigtime - hes a bloody racer alright. Because he was knocked out - even momentarilly- he is automatically stood down for a month so i should be able to sort the car out for him in time. Bloody lucky to be o'k and gave me a wakeup call about driving too aggressively, when shit happens out there it happens fast
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah it is pretty hardcore when you go flat out into cement!

imagine the outcome if there is no safety gear like the helmet and harness etc and the cages in the cars.

it is quite funny how we get the shits about a $300 race suit getting fucked when our body is on the line :D

as for the v6 sprintcars .... i wouldn't be suprised if the "control ecu" is similar to what they have over here.

they have to use the stock vn/vp v6 computer but they are allowed to dyno tune them, only real restrictions in that regard is they have to use 6000rpm fuel cut ... im not really sure what the rules are on engine mods though.
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

when the lads motor broke the retaining strap and munted the engine mounts it took the oil pressure adaptor off on the steering rack so step one of the assesment was finding out if he still had a motor, luckily i still had the old oil pump filter housing here after a major cleanup of the shed - yup the donkeys o.k but the chassis has seen better days, need to have a pow wow with his old man and suss out where we're going from here, get another car or make the best outta whats bent to buggery but there up the coast on the piss at the moment - happy birthday Brewster (the old man of the lad)
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

This might be messy by the next time i look at it, since i got back from the track i've got through a lot of bourbons and listened to 34( :hmm: ) ledzep tracks with the ipod hooked up to the shed stereo.

My matees in ther production commodores got through the night reasonably unscathed, in fact the 13G VL had a third/fourth runoff with the VR from Huntly which he lost unfortunately.

stagger hahahahaahh

i talk some shit when pissed ask anyone who knows me lol

second streetstock race my mates streetstock died, went domn to the pits to see if i could be of help, the rotor had been off its lug again second meet in a rowand the dizzy cam was kinda doing its own thing, ran over to my tow car and grabbed a coupla tools and hooked out the oil sponge in the shaft expectin to find the wee clip popped off- nope a gonner- fuckit shoved the sponge back down as far as i could, gave the retainer in the rotor a tweak and shoved it back on, clipped the dizzy cap back on an put a cable tie around the clips so they stayed put and as me mate was in the car fitting another battery-flattned his cranking it trying to restart it- leant through the screen mesh and gave him the gunnery sargeant routine ( he hasn't finished a feature race yet this season) which went summit like this0----"you gonna finish the feature race tonight eh bro" " umm might do" don't give me this might do shit mate you gonna finish the feature tonight?" "aww maybe" fuck this pussy maybe shit ya gonna finish? "omm hopefully" dont give me hopefully man fucken get stuck up it and do it c'mon lemme hear ya " if i can" just fucken do it y'hear? lemme haer ya " yeaH OK MATE I'LL TRY " fucken give it shit and do it" at which point i climbed outta the engine bay to see the guy who was crewin for him tonight pissin himself larfin givin me a big thumbs up - sometimes bein an arsehole has its benifits. wen't and sat with mum and the missus n kids to see him come out at the back of the feild - the old girl (in its 17th season) bloody well flew and somehow finished fourth - thats a finish, at the end of the race somebody close by in the stands asked where he finished, i turned around and said "who gives a fuck he bloody well finished" and high tailed ti to the pits to congratulate im, before he got out of the car he said it was me workin on it that did it, before i could speak(now thats fast) his crewman said ti was the tuneup i gave him that did it :lol: the man now reckons i'm his official race mechanic - another Tui ad

now 44 ledzep tracks and a dozen codys and the pains startin to kick in nite all the wall hurts----------eventually :wall:

at least i'm keeping pleny of fluid around the brain LMFAO