Chat Box?

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
LabZ
cars: HZ Wagon [808 Injected Turbo Intercooled 202 On its way]

Chat Box?

Post by LabZ »

Hey guys, been floating around whilst watching bathurst and had a thaught, would a chatbox on the site be a good idea? so we can talk trash or even ask quick questions without needing to start new threads?
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Re: Chat Box?

Post by vn5000 »

Good one lowndsy and skaife .Go the holdens :driving: :driving: :punk:
The1

Post by The1 »

would be cool, but it'd be upto the host and would depend on moderation to i guess;
LabZ

Post by LabZ »

thats it, was just throwin it out for the site mods because i think it would be a good feature. i know of a couple of chatboxes for phpBB and you need to be a registered user to access them so with basic flaming and language rules which would be expected site wide regardless, i feel it would be a great addition to this brilliant community :D
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

rules hahahaha dont think we have ever really needed any rules on here there is a set written out on the signup page i think but shes pretty cruisey round here dont think theres even a swear filter on here LOL we are in the online shed in all its blokeness will see what the ones that pay for the site hosting and such think of the idea can allways get rid of it if it causes greif but would be handy sometimes
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

in saying that though new threads allways add to the information availiable for everyone and we do try to merge them where possible so there arnt little snippets of info everywhere on one subject
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
LabZ

Post by LabZ »

very true delco, this place has taught me so much about injection without the crippling cost of kalmaker, considering i struggled with tuning a carb before i started.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Great idea :thumbup: Will need to check with the forum master antus but the only real issue I see is what delcowizzid mentioned - lots may get discussed but no record of it.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Theres no technical reason why we couldnt.. just security and upgradeability concerns of 3rd party plugins, and a preference to keep discussion in the main forums for future reference. Im not really keen on the idea for those reasons. I also like having a clean and efficient uncluttered speedy site. :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The1

Post by The1 »

Hi antus,

One other query are we able to change the search terms on the site? sometimes i want to search for simple things but the rules dont allow it.