Looking for a VN-VS door seal repairer in VIC.

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Looking for a VN-VS door seal repairer in VIC.

Post by vlad01 »

As per title, I'm looking for a skilled upholstery type person that does repairs/re-glues VN-VS door seals and is spot on with their repairs.

I have 2 VPs that have otherwise mint (like NOS) seals that the adhesive has perished from age and the rubber has fallen off the pinch welt. Someone that cleans off the old crusty glue and skillful enough to quickly and accurately re-glue them with the right glue is needed.

I was able to do this in my 20s but I have lost the speed and skill and just fuck them up now.

I have asked a few FB groups I'm in but as always my posts never get approved :thumbdown: so I have run out of places to ask. Hoping someone on here might know of someone good. :thumbup:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Looking for a VN-VS door seal repairer in VIC.

Post by Charlescrown »

G'day Vlad. I bought a set on eBay for $300 and now have a door slammer. At first I had to back off the striker plates then really slam the door to close it but after 2 months you don't have to slam as hard so be careful if you decide to buy new ones.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Looking for a VN-VS door seal repairer in VIC.

Post by vlad01 »

New ones are shite. I only get about 6 months out of them before the rubber cracks and they are always too short and don't meet at the join. Plus there is nothing close to the 23i steel blue that all my cars have so they look way out of place.

My originals are perfect except for the peeling glue. I have had NOS ones do that too. The factory glue was pretty average at best. The TAC-205 is the best glue I've used but contact is extremely hard to use cleanly in a fast manor, especially diluted as needed for doing seals. Can't use contact neat on them.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.