Microwave Diode buy at Jaycar

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
VX L67 Getrag

Microwave Diode buy at Jaycar

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Howdy all, stupid question as I normally have...

My microwave stopped working last night so I pulled it apart & found what looks like 2 diodes have blown, I would have thought I could buy them at Jaycar but can't see a reference of them they have written on them...

UX-C2B SK0729G & UX-C2B SK0723G
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Microwave Diode buy at Jaycar

Post by antus »

A google shows me UX-C2B come up as a microwave part. It might be the last number is not relevant and you just need two UX-C2B diodes, like https://allfixelectrical.com.au/product ... art-ux-c2b
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks yeah I found that info but not that company, in woodonga could take a while...haha I'll try RScomponents that I was just told about too.

THANKS HEAPS!

Here's link to that other company...

https://au.rs-online.com/web/

They don't seem to have them so I guess I'll have to wait to heat my food up...HAHA
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

still down the rabbit hole... looks like there's multiple replacement numbers...
UX-F0B
UHVM6
UHVM7
UHVM8
HVR-1X-40B
TG3508
UX-F5B

now to start searching all those suckers
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Don't know what happen to my reply.

Anyway, I get high voltage microwave diodes off ebay china for various high voltage hobby experiments. There are millions on them on ebay for peanuts.

As long as it meets or exceeds the min specs of the old ones it's fine. Also look out for the high voltage fuse, they are the most common fault in microwaves and I just "repair" the fuse with a thin strand of wire soldered on the outside that is the same or similar thickness as the one burnt out inside.

Most of the diodes on ebay are typically 12kV, but the current can depend on the part number. Quick look brings up a shit ton of CL04-12 which are 12kV and 450mA, a lot beefier than what could be purchased pre covid (when I last bulk buy'd them).
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks heaps Vlad, they look like they'll be better & easier to source! LEGEND!
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

:thumbup:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
BennVenn
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200

Post by BennVenn »

Just a quick one, if its an 'inverter' microwave, your run-of-the-mill HV diode won't work. It'll need to be a high frequency type. Using a traditional HV diode from older iron cored transformers here will just pop them and possibly the IGBT if you do upgrade the fuse.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

O.K. Thanks BennVenn it is an inverter type, hope the 1's suggested work by Vlad.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I found a data sheet, but no switching frequency is mentioned, there is vague info on google that suggests these are low frequency ones.

I didn't think inverter type microwaves were that common until recently (last 2-3 years), so I would not have expected you would be fixing one of that type so soon.

We only got our first inverter microwave this year, all the older ones we have/had are the transformer type and are still going.