antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Microwave Diode buy at Jaycar

Post by antus »

I think if the original was a UX-C2B then that spec should be all that is required. The SK0729G and SK0723G numbers sound more like manufacturer batch tracking or something.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks to BennVenn I did not fit the eBay diodes they are a different frequency & bad response time so it will do more damage if I fit them, for reference I’d be 99% sure we’ve had this microwave for at least 6 years, more likely 10.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Fuck you've done well then.

I think we went through a couple of microwaves in a few years, fortunately during warranty periods the first 2 times so a simple exchange. Shit don't last these days.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I've never replaced a microwave personally for breaking.

My one at the farm is still going. Fixed a fuse about 7 years ago as mentioned, but that's it.

I bought it as an ex-demo from K-mart for $75 when I was a student in Tafe in 2007.

The one my partner replaced was a lot newer than that, maybe 7-8 years old she reckons but was given a 1 year old inverter microwave from a family member late last year, and we thought, well the old one is pretty gross so why not chuck it and use the new one? Good idea since the house is limited in space and storage.

Even though the new one is slightly smaller and rated at a lower power, it heats way faster than the old transformer one.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I'm 90% sure this 1 has only blown the diodes is because my wife keeps putting the heat/wheat bag thing in longer than recommended & without the glass of water like they recommend.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I've never had issues blowing up microwaves. I leave utensils in when I heat stuff and never had an issue.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.