vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Error 46 on VR 5L

Post by vlad01 »

Got the assembly from Rares. It's really nice quality and comes with everything needed. The sensor is a genuine HME but of a different design and model number, presumably a newer model.

The old assembly completely disintegration when removing it, so replacing just the hall sensor was not going to work.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Tony B.
cars: 1984 Fiero INDY w/SD4 race engine
1987 Fiero GT 3.4L V6 with S/C

Post by Tony B. »

Did this get resolved?
Did a new distributor solve the problem?
Inquiring minds want to know... ;)
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yes, new Rare spares unit was the go. I got just the sensor assembly with plate. I reused the old dizzy but it was some work to get it all apart and cleaned. It was very sad and crusty. I would 100% just put a whole new dizzy in but I can't confirm if the dizzies that Rares sell have the same genuine sensor and plate assembly as buying it separately, so please check with them before purchasing.

Also I had to reuse the old loom plug housing as the rares one must suit the newer castings as there was a notch in the rares plug and not one in the original, so without filing the rares notch off, it would have not fit this particular dizzy I chose to reuse the original in my case, but everything even mixed fit absolutely perfect! :thumbup:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.