Are LWT alloy wheels any good? (Okasa wheels)

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Are LWT alloy wheels any good? (Okasa wheels)

Post by vlad01 »

Hi all,

I'm looking at these wheels which are a similar design and same specs at the VL walky wheels to put on my red car since average condition/molested genuine walkies are asking absurd money these days.

Main reason is that I really love the Toyo R888/R888R tyres but they are either too small diameter or too wide for my current VP Formula HSV 15" wheels to be able to clear the guards. (Currently have the car raised above stock and longer bump stops to prevent the 225 tyres hitting the outer guards). This isn't ideal and I want to run FE2 king springs to allow the suspension to work correctly as I have shortened Bilstein shocks, but the tyres will need to be narrower with an appropriate diameter. 16" is the sweet spot and doesn't look like a toy like the bigger rims do and a lot stronger too/better suited for the VP suspension design.

So anyway, I found these LWT walky style rims in the same specs that will allow me to run 205/55R16 Toyo R888 or similar semi slick Toyo tyre without any clearance issue and a decently high enough profile that allows the best handling for a older commodore setup.

Only thing is I have never heard of them but looking them up they seem like a Jap/Asian company based in Aus?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/364177922361
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Are LWT alloy wheels any good? (Okasa wheels)

Post by Charlescrown »

They have the Japanes Light Wheel certification on them so if it's genuine my guess there OK.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'd say they are, this seller is really good and only sells genuine stuff.

Might get them and put them aside until I have all the other suspension changes done.

Genuine Walky wheels are insanely priced atm, 2000-5000 bucks and none were original finish and will need to be reworked to get them back to original. I only paid $400 for my other original untouched and undamaged set of walkies about 6-7 years ago and that was considered on the higher end of price.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I agree abt the prices. All the older Holdens are getting hard to buy bits for and most are getting expensive. I'm looking for a washer bottle for my VR. There is no NOS anywhere and the aftermarket don't make them yet. Dicks are asking up to $850 on ebay so I'll adapt a universal or something from another car. Nice looking wheels by the way.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

vn to vs commodore stuff is starting to go crazy in price. Charlescrown i have a good condition vr vs washer bottle if your after one send us a pm
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah my nephew has been driving his VS wagon with no washer bottle for a few years already.

I'm still waiting for VP tail lights to be reproduced since garbage genuine ones cost several 100 to a few K now depending if used or NOS.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

anything vn to vs in my area is long gone from wreckers so getting bits is starting to get hard exp vn vp
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Sure is, glad I bought a lot of stuff when it was virtually worthless but in hindsight I wish I got all the bits I don't have that I had put on my do it later list. Now it's too late, they are non existent or cost as much as a car when they come up.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Yeah i wish i lived on a farm would have just bought a whole car when they were worth nothing for spares and park up