Best VPN's & Web Browsers May 2023

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
VX L67 Getrag

Best VPN's & Web Browsers May 2023

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey all,

Just thought I'd start a topic as I normally just ask people in the know(sorry to harass individuals... you know who you are).

But I'm still using NORDvpn as a previous recommendtion... is there bettter & cheaper out ther A.T.M.?

With web browser I've just switched all the Brave & seems to be amazing for tracking & all the other B.S. again I am not sure is there better out there to utilise?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Best VPN's & Web Browsers May 2023

Post by vlad01 »

I just use firefox for it's pretty good compatibility and handy features like a built in smart snip/screen shot tool that way better than anything Windows has. Also has the lowest CPU overhead than all the other common browsers I have used, especially in video playback.

For blocking ads I used UBlock origin and Adblock plus in case one or the other misses something.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:I just use firefox for it's pretty good compatibility and handy features like a built in smart snip/screen shot tool that way better than anything Windows has. Also has the lowest CPU overhead than all the other common browsers I have used, especially in video playback.

For blocking ads I used UBlock origin and Adblock plus in case one or the other misses something.

That's the same as I have.
Chuff

Post by Chuff »

vlad01 wrote:I just use firefox for it's pretty good compatibility and handy features like a built in smart snip/screen shot tool that way better than anything Windows has. Also has the lowest CPU overhead than all the other common browsers I have used, especially in video playback.

Exactly the same here but I also use PIA as a VPN.
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

I just use flip between Chrome and Edge.. I need to use Edge for some work applications so I use chrome for everything else. I run Adblock for chrome extension and seems to work ok for me..
I do use privatevpn and I'm on my second year of it. There's a 1 yr deal for something like $60 with 24months free and I'm on my second email account with them, lol.. It can be very useful at times and I just use it as needed..
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Anyone using a PiHole for ad blocking?
Work's well for me. I don't use a VPN.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Dylan wrote:Anyone using a PiHole for ad blocking?
I was using Pihole but after a while it crashes and locks up my Pi which then needs to completely re-installed etc. Not sure why it's happening :(
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

All good info thanks for all the advice!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

immortality wrote:
Dylan wrote:Anyone using a PiHole for ad blocking?
I was using Pihole but after a while it crashes and locks up my Pi which then needs to completely re-installed etc. Not sure why it's happening :(
Pi crashes are often due to low voltage. In my experience if you have a way to run it at 5.1v or 5.2v instead of 5.0v or with a larger (more amps / current) supply that extra little bit of head room helps greatly with stability.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
immortality

Post by immortality »

That's interesting. Fairly sure I'm using the power supply I got with the Pi. Might have to see what else I have around.