A place For General Chit Chat Etc
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

info needed NZ

Post by monaro308 »

Hey all,can anyone over in New Zealand way tell me if an engine importer or a private importer
named ....Jericoraceparts a legit business/importer?
His name is .....darryl bennett in Papakura.
I'm thinking about importing an LS2....BUT....i want to check if anyone in NZ has heard of him.
He said that he would be happy to take 1/2 payment and then the balance on delivery.
Thats good for him as i would be out of luck and money if its crap.
I've googled the name and he has posted on a couple of Ford sites selling engines and trans.

So....what would the delcohackers do in my situation?
I have his address and phone # bank account details etc ...but i can't ring O/S on my landline.
Do i take a punt or give it a miss?
thanks... :)
delcowizzid

Re: info needed NZ

Post by delcowizzid »

can you not get an LS2 over there.ive seen his posts on the net hes everywhere and hes sending engines to the US as well dont all these places have there own supply or is he just cheap as.there is a guy over here with all the moulds and tooling to make GM V8's that he imported from the US i wonder if its him.hes meant to make great engines.ill have a bit of a hunt around for you mate.how soon did you want one from him .
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Hey delco, yeah LS2's are available here at araound $4-5 grand engine alone.
He is selling engine and trans combos for around $3000. landed here in oz.
I remember a couple of years ago someone @ GM ordered say ....30 engines+trans,but instead of 30 on the order it had 300 (these are approx numbers) so they were stuck with the total amount.
These were available at Holden dealers to buy for around $4grand with trans.
Of course wreckers and engine dealers got wind of this and bought most of the remaining engines and seperated the engine and trans and selling the engines alone for $4g.

I'm in no hurry but if that offer is there and he's legit....it's something i wouldn't mind updating in the coupe.
I always get itchy fingers over the cold upcoming winters...... :lol: :lol:

I was thinking about doing a 355 stroker down the track...Delcoed ofcourse!!

Any sign of the LSU and bits arriving for you yet?

cheers!!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

haha you must have a good heater in your shed then if thats what you do during winter LOL.LS2 in the monaro will be sweet thats for sure.ill see what i can find out about him has anyone actually received there engines on the other sites if so its probably pretty safe sounds cheap at $300-400 freight to aussie.nah no LSU yet probably be here in the morning ide say normally about 6 working days just charged the laptop ready to try it all out this week.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem