FS: ECM NVRAM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
Site Admin

Re: FS: ECM NVRAM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Postby antus » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:31 am

No worries. PM sent.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396

Postby Paul T » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:08 am

Hi guys

I have an 1990 VN SS which is running a STA supercharger, intercooler, 42lb injectors etc, and I have been having trouble with the tune. I dont know a lot about the ECU side of things. I have always just taken it to a workshop to have the ECU tuned to suit any mods I have done. I have fitted a wide band A/F gauge to confirm my suspicions of the engine running lean at cruise/lite throttle conditions, and yes it is! What I would like help with is some advise on any upgrades to the delco ecu that would help with the tuning of it. If I by a nvram chip and an interface board would this help and would I still need to take the car to a tuner to get it setup correctly. I am no engine guru and am happy to pay to get it tuned by someone that knows what they are doing but there are very few people her in NZ that will tune the older Delco units. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Postby pman92 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:17 pm

How lean is it at cruise?
What other issues do you have other than it being lean at cruise?
Does it still go lean at cruise if you disconnect the vehicle speed sensor if it has one?

There's a chance it has lean cruise turned on and going slightly lean at cruise is actually an intended feature

Postby delcowizzid » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:07 am

You're in Auckland are you. I think I've talked to you about this car before .
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem

Postby Paul T » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:28 am

Hi, at cruise the A/F ratio is as lean as 18:1, the engine starts to miss and I can feel the car start to jerk, give it a bit of throttle and the ratio gets richer and the engine improves. It also bogs down off the line and the ratio goes off the scale lean at 20:1. A/F ratio at full throttle is 11.4:1. I am happy to spend the money on the nvram/12p with the ALDL board upgrade if it is worth it. I am in Taupo but I normally get the car tuned by a crowd in Auckland but have had no luck with them returning my phone calls or emails but I am willing to take it any where in the north island to get it going properly. Delcowizzid, do you have a twin turbo v6?

Postby delcowizzid » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:04 pm

My mates vb is turbo v6 I think I have your tune from torque performance you sent me ages ago.or there's another sta blown 304 here .I could soon street tune it or dyno tune it
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem

Postby Paul T » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Yes sounds like the same car. Was going fine, then I upgraded the injectors and had Robin do a tune and have been having the issues ever sense. Would you advise up grading to the nvram chip? Sorry what was your name? Where are you working now?

Postby delcowizzid » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:42 pm

The nvram is great if you think you can tune it yourself but is a steal learning curve if you've never tuned anything.if it was stock n/a car yeah jump in and make it better pretty easy boost on the other hand can take a bit of work .I do travel to do jobs but try to avoid it lol wouldn't take long to fix it up if I was with the car.i was chatting to you on juatcommodores same username as here I'll send you a message

Previous

Return to For Sale