FS: USB Communications Boards

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
ejukated

Re: FS: USB Communications Boards

Post by ejukated »

if it is a kalmaker tune then yes, unless it is very old. You can read it out with an eprom burner and post the file. Somone will be able to tell you if you can before you get the comm board
elcap
cars: Holden L67 Supercharged V6

Post by elcap »

cool thanks edjukated.
the tune was done in early 2010 and its running a 2bar map sensor, so i assume it would be N05.
i dont have an eeprom burner, so i cant grab the file off the chip. :(

is the flashtool able to get the info off the chip without a eeprom burner?
i will need to find pics of my ecu i took when it was out last time, but im pretty sure it has a memcal to burner adaptor but probably not one of the nvram ecm conversions....
i assume i will need the nvram ecm converter to be able to read from the chip?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

the flashtool should read it, but there is a bug in the factory firmware that was carried through to kalmaker where the last 2 bytes are corrupted when its read over ALDL. That wont be a problem to read tables out the tune and it can be fixed by hand, but you should be aware of it as it will technically be a fault in the bin file and will stop the ecu booting if you ever write it to another memcal and try to run a car from it as is.

You'll be able to read it properly with one of these https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... =14&t=1275 and a gq-4x eprom burner, but you dont need to go there at this stage.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
elcap

Post by elcap »

awesome thanks antus!
ill have a go at it tonight.

yeh i dont plan on writing it to another memcal, but good to know anyway :)
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

sorry, you will still need an 8192 baud interface to use the flashtool. I almost forgot they are not standard as I rarely end up using ecus without them!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
elcap

Post by elcap »

ahh spewing.
bit of a catch 22, need a 8192 interface to check if the tune will allow me to log at 8192 with the new interface LOL.

im not sure if u remember, antus, but i was looking into this over on the mp3car forums back in 2009, but it got put on hold due to being overseas for the last 2 yrs for work.
i might have to have a look where i put the serial to ttl board and have another crack.
otherwise ill have to grab one of these.
v8-tuning
cars: 304 commodore

Post by v8-tuning »

Are these boards still available??
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Elcap: The tune has to support 8192 baud aldl and you have to have a tuner pro definition for it. Kalmaker sp3 does support 8192 and there is an adx for it, although it is old and might require someone to look at the connection macro to make it work on the latest tuner pro 5. You would be better off to read the tune, compare it to stock and move the same changes in to an ose 12th tune.

V8-tuning: yes the boards are still available from me. $80 for the board and $20 for postage and handling. PM me if you are interested.