FS: NVRAM ECM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
MathiaSKoeniG
cars: Vr Exec v6 - soon to be sc14 blown
Vr Statesman v6

Re: FS: NVRAM ECM Conversion

Post by MathiaSKoeniG »

Hi Guys,
just wondering a few things about these,
I am about to supercharge my Vr v6 auto, I will be running a toyota sc14 at 3psi boost :turbo: , already have all the parts, the only thing stopping me is the tune,
mainly i am wondering if these would be capable of tuning for boost on an old Vr and if so what program would be best to do so, I have some very basic experience with Efilive :typist: but basically i want something with either a simple to use GUI or something with loads of research material on it, if i can get something like that or you guys could point me in the right direction I would love to buy one of these and tune the old beast myself,
The other thing i am wondering is if i get a Bin file for the Vr Auto, tune it up to spec and later get a Manual conversion, will i be able to swap this to a manual ecu without too much drama??
Thanks guys
This one time, I saw a blimp!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Currently the vr auto bin does not support boost. You might be able to fudge it a bit for 3psi.

If you download tuner pro (www.tunerpro.net) you can get an xdf to see what is available to tune - for vr auto that is every single item, flag and table the pcm has.
Xdf- https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5
Bin - https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=613

The nvram board will work in both auto and manual vr. Manual vr will require a different bin loaded but can support up to 3bar of boost.
EagleMark
cars: 1994 Buick RoadMaster LT1
1972 IH 345 16197427 PCM Project
1990 Chevy 1227747 HighWay Lean Cruise

Post by EagleMark »

Any chance this could be made to work on 16197427 PCM from US?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If they take this size memcal, then yes. You'll need to find the write line from the cpu, patch that through to the memcal header (if its not already present - the factory left it in for our later model pcms), and then need to patch in an aldl write function, and speak to me about adding detection and memory mapping to the plugin. None of it should be that difficult.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
brian89gp

Re: FS: NVRAM ECM Conversion (VN to VS but not VS Ecotec)

Post by brian89gp »

Is there documentation about what the jumpers do and where the jumper wire that came with is supposed to go?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

vl400 would of emailed a link with the instructions
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
moose
cars: 1996 VS BT1 5L

Post by moose »

Are these suitable for VS 304 5L? (maybe a stupid question but I'm new here and not entirely mechanically minded lol :comp: )
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

if it is a series 3 with maf sensor no but early vs 5.0 with map sensor yes
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

MathiaSKoeniG wrote:Hi Guys,
just wondering a few things about these,
I am about to supercharge my Vr v6 auto, I will be running a toyota sc14 at 3psi boost :turbo: , already have all the parts, the only thing stopping me is the tune,
mainly i am wondering if these would be capable of tuning for boost on an old Vr and if so what program would be best to do so, I have some very basic experience with Efilive :typist: but basically i want something with either a simple to use GUI or something with loads of research material on it, if i can get something like that or you guys could point me in the right direction I would love to buy one of these and tune the old beast myself,
The other thing i am wondering is if i get a Bin file for the Vr Auto, tune it up to spec and later get a Manual conversion, will i be able to swap this to a manual ecu without too much drama??
Thanks guys

I know a few people who fitted this type of SC, they all regretted it and claimed it was a backward step from stock. These SC are not even adequate for VW beetle engine with any sort of modification other than stock.

I personally know a mate who fitted one then latter tossed it and fitted small twin turbos for quick spooling, made over 250hp at the wheels with only low boost, 5psi ?. I recall he said he only got 20hp more over stock on the sc14 at 2-3psi and more than doubled the fuel consumption lol, It was all dyno tuned as well.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

spend your money on a ebay turbo :)