Dicks Electronics RTLS1 offered to single users

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Dicks Electronics RTLS1 offered to single users

Post by kojab »

The reduced price for single users for the RTLS1 is no longer available.

Finally decided to sell RTLS1 to single users at a greatly reduced price.

There could be various ways of selling this tool.

1) In kit form. Price? Decided not to sell as a kit.

Depending on individuals skills successful modification and assembly of the RTLS1 PCM is certainly possible, but must add here to modify
a LS1 PCM is more difficult than building a kit or manufacturing a complete OBD-II scan/tune tool. I imagine this is why no other tuning
tool supplier has attempted this.

What we have accomplished is a normally functioning LS1 PCM in every way which will do real-time tuning and log at high speed and OBD-II simultaneously.
Simultaneous logged data will clearly display the outstanding difference when compared.
As can be seen here http://www.dickselectronics.com/page.php?6 high speed and OBD-II

Some may ask "why has the RTLS1 been so difficult to make" Firstly like most factory ECM/PCM manufactures don't design their products
for someone to come along later and fit a daughter board that is going to fit comfortably inside the original PCM case.
The fitting of the daughter board is the most difficult part of the assembly and this is being done in a professional non compromising way
to give it strength and durability. No units have failed since 2004.

Some may ask "why have you modified the LS1 PCM" From the beginning we have been known to produce our own tuning software tools and
after using LS1edit, EFIlive, and Hptuners we knew we could make for the first time a true real-time tuning tool running 10 times faster than
our competitors OBD-II tools.

Some may ask "why is the RTLS1 logging 10 times faster" RTLS1's interface is Built in : Ethernet RJ45 (10 Mbps). This means your
laptop/desktop is now talking directly to the LS1's processor not via a OBD-II diagnostic cable.

Some may ask "What are the benefits of RTLS1" True real time high speed accurate tuning. Easy to see where engine knock is
really occurring which is not possible with only 10 fps of my competitors tools. Rich and lean air fuel ratios during transition areas can
be pinpointed due to the high speed logging.

One problem with OBD-II logging is fields (rpm, Map, TPS) are out of sync with each other. This can not be avoided as each is requested one
after the other. Have a look at the animated logs on my webpage http://www.dickselectronics.com/page.php?6 you will see the map is changing
before the TPS in the OBD-II log. With Map and rpm readings out of sync you won't be able to locate the true knock location to adjust the spark table.
The RTLS1 does not have this issue, again look at the RTLS1 animated log made at the same time as the OBD-II log. The TPS is clearly moving
before the map changes.

Another nice feature of RTLS1 is remote tuning via the net. Remember its Ethernet interface. Can be tuned from anywhere in the world.
RTLS1's user software is open architecture so new tables and pids can be added buy the user at any time in the future.
No ongoing licence fees, tune as many cars as you wish.

All this sounds too good to be true. It is you haven't built it yet.

2) RTLS1 assembled Price?

NOTE: If you wish to tune more than I car you will have to purchase a 80 pin patch lead or wire up your own. Very easy to make.

RTLS1 Price History to Workshops
--------------------------------

2004 $20,000 LS1-Edit was $17,000 in 2004 and was the first tuning tool available in Australia for LS1 vehicles. It only supported OBD-II
2006 $13,800
2010 $10,000
2012 $8,000

What are the RTLS1's specifications?

Built in interface: Ethernet RJ45 (10 Mbps)

Features
- Changing Data Parameters IMMEDIATELY in Real Time without nasty ECM hiccups (ie. restarts)
- Upload/Download ENTIRE Data/Parameter in just under 2 seconds
- High Speed Data Logging - 700 PIDs at 90+ frames per second
- Download ENTIRE PCM (Program/Data) in just 10 seconds (Yes, all those 4194304 bits)
- Upload ENTIRE PCM (Program/Data) in 20 seconds (Verifies Program by re-downloading, so PCMs don't die on you)
- No more time consuming re-flashing the PCM to tune

Capabilities
- Uses the highly popular TCP/IP protocol. Yes, your car even gets its own IP!
- Wireless connection possible using Wireless Access Points/Bridge (Feel like datalogging from the grandstand?)
- Even tune a car over the Internet!
- View your car's status via a webpage. (RPM, Coolant, Temp etc.)

Guys what is the RTLS1 worth to you?

Cheers
Dick
Last edited by kojab on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Dicks Electronics RTLS1 offered to single users

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hi Dick,

In comparison to HP tuner software last time I checked was available in kit form with 8 credits for around $800 from the States, what does it offer over that?

I think I remember you saying it can be done wirelessly?

Is it like other formats & has full calibration update for mafless, 2 or 3 Bar etc...

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
Apples

Post by Apples »

I have EFI live and HP tuner but this sound way better to me.
Now just got to find some spare cash.

yer about full calibration update for mafless, 2 or 3 Bar etc...
Last edited by Apples on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
kojab

Post by kojab »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Hi Dick,

In comparison to HP tuner software last time I checked was available in kit form with 8 credits for around $800 from the States, what does it offer over that?

I think I remember you saying it can be done wirelessly?

Is it like other formats & has full calibration update for mafless, 2 or 3 Bar etc...

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
I don't recall HP tuners selling a tuning package in kit form. Yes the RTLS1 can also support wireless logging.

Speed density forced induction patches come with the RTLS1
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i think when they say "kit form" they are meaning the interface package along with software and credits in a "kit"
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

HPTuners do it on standard hardware via their own custom OS. http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_enhance.php

The only affordable unlimited car option is tunercat, but its still not the cheapest thing in the world and doesnt have logging. (But Jaymes ADX helps there). https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... =10&t=2314
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

one thing im still not sure is clear, is: I get that this ECU is a realtime ECU with super fast logging, etc. I can put it into any ls1 and tune it in realtime. at the end of the day, how do I get my finished tune onto the customers factory ecu? does RTLs1 come with a obd2 interface to to that?
kojab

Post by kojab »

Jayme wrote:one thing im still not sure is clear, is: I get that this ECU is a realtime ECU with super fast logging, etc. I can put it into any ls1 and tune it in realtime. at the end of the day, how do I get my finished tune onto the customers factory ecu? does RTLs1 come with a obd2 interface to to that?
This is a good question and is often asked. Both the RTLS1 PCM and the customers PCM have OBD-II already built in. What we have done is modified the GM code in the RTLS1 to upload the new bin file to the customers PCM via a patch cord which consist of two standard 80 pin LS1 sockets. This was very difficult for us to accomplish and don’t believe any one else has achieved this result with so little hardware. The same patch cord is used to read the customers PCM.

RTLS1 has full access to the whole bin file, including the security block so changing vin and hardware numbers along with cloning a PCM is very easy.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

That is a very neat way to use the existing hardware :afro:
kojab

Post by kojab »

VL400 wrote:That is a very neat way to use the existing hardware :afro:

Thanks for the compliment VL400. It has taken 3 years of development. Would be nice if you and few others from here could come on board as the RTLS2 R&D has started again.