vn s1 inlet manifold

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
Danielbbyy
cars: 355 hatchback
Rb30/26 lj torana

vn s1 inlet manifold

Post by Danielbbyy »

Hi this is a s1 vn v6 manifold i made i have had good results with the first one i made for a s2 engine and this one has bean laying around for a couple of years
call for more info Daniel 0425212787
Attachments
IMG_7507.JPG
IMG_7507.JPG (3.42 MiB) Viewed 2751 times
IMG_7509.JPG
IMG_7509.JPG (3.08 MiB) Viewed 2751 times
IMG_7506.JPG
IMG_7506.JPG (3.06 MiB) Viewed 2751 times
codwalop
cars: - vn v6 hdt / apv
- vp v6 turbo

Re: vn s1 inlet manifold

Post by codwalop »

what was the results of the first one you made? i'm assuming better throttle response but not a huge increase in peak power? did you clean up the inside of the runners to help the flow? from all accounts that is the biggest problem with the inlet and head design of these engines, they just don't breathe.

the overall volume of the inlet manifold doesn't seem to be such an issue with the buick, but the ecotec responds extremely well to a plenum spacer, removes alot of the sponginess upon initial acceleration.. often described as the rubber band effect - in comparison to the initial torque and punch of the vn s1, which seemed to taper off up until vr, and then was drastically declined with the ecotec. that being said the old buick does lack a good top end hit.. and the ecotec performs well when you wring its neck..

i force my air in so i've never any point for even a larger throttle body, but for a n/a and cammed engine i am genuinely interested in how your manifold would perform (especially in comparison to twin throttle bodies)

i don't really know what my point was with this reply, kind of just thinking out loud. but i've often wondered what an aftermarket inlet manifold would be like for the buick..
Danielbbyy
cars: 355 hatchback
Rb30/26 lj torana

Re: vn s1 inlet manifold

Post by Danielbbyy »

The first one i did was on a s2 engine The owner had fitted a big exhaust extractors big cat air box mods and a chip??? and v8 throttle body
After i fitted the manifold he told me the manifold made the biggest power increase of any mod he had done so far After that we fitted a sc14 to it after that things got silly it was a 5 speed to :driving: