Ecu's and Looms

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
DanWA
cars: LS1 LX Torana, VX2 R8 15th Anniversary, VT Wagon L67

Ecu's and Looms

Post by DanWA »

I have the following left over from my ecotec vn adventure.

"The 1" made VS T5 ECU with no VATS etc
Unmolested VS Auto Loom
VN Manual ECU with Loom modified for Ecotec
VN-VS Manual insert with gear boot etc
VS MAF

Not chasing the world for these bits and happy to swap for other things of interest
ladaok
cars: none

Re: Ecu's and Looms

Post by ladaok »

hi there DanWa,

how did your adventure go ?
I'm trying to procure bits for my own project ' nightmare '
these smart fella's here say I should start with a Vn / Vp ecu which I believe is # 1227808 ?
I will have to collect sensors as I go ... I want to run a map sensor system
I don't think a loom is necessary ? this project is for a small 4 cyl engine, trying to find a 4 cyl loom over here, is like looking for rocking horse shit!
have you got anything to get me going ? ....... ta

robbie
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Better to use the six loom as it's got the knock sensor wiring. Just cut off two injector plugs. Also better to use the VR manual ECU as it's a faster baud rate and not plagued with faults. I use this setup on a 4 cyl turbo and running 12P program gives you lots of good tuning scope.
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

Charlescrown wrote:Better to use the six loom as it's got the knock sensor wiring. Just cut off two injector plugs. Also better to use the VR manual ECU as it's a faster baud rate and not plagued with faults. I use this setup on a 4 cyl turbo and running 12P program gives you lots of good tuning scope.
trouble is i'm just stating out, and I really don't know shit from chewed dates !
can you tune the K/S to different engines ?
all I really want is something cheap / easy , and tune able esp on the ign side ... Oh, and lifetime guarantee
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

isn't the delco in commodores and such for the past 30 years good enough for lifetime guarantee ?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

not sure what is meant by "not plagued with faults"

I wasn't aware the 808 had any faults??
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

it is well known the VN/VP 808 is not of the same quality as the VR Manual ECM, but I wouldn't say its plagued with faults.

its all I've ever used and I have never had an issue that was factory fault ...
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I also wouldnt say its plauged with faults. Not would I say the VR ecu is faster. Stock yes, but not compared to an '808 with a comms mod - same speed then.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:it is well known the VN/VP 808 is not of the same quality as the VR Manual ECM, but I wouldn't say its plagued with faults.

its all I've ever used and I have never had an issue that was factory fault ...
neither have I, only faults I had likely due to age of them.

I have seen the later 808s are a better quality build than the early ones from VN.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

ladaok wrote:
Charlescrown wrote:Better to use the six loom as it's got the knock sensor wiring. Just cut off two injector plugs. Also better to use the VR manual ECU as it's a faster baud rate and not plagued with faults. I use this setup on a 4 cyl turbo and running 12P program gives you lots of good tuning scope.
trouble is i'm just stating out, and I really don't know shit from chewed dates !
can you tune the K/S to different engines ?
all I really want is something cheap / easy , and tune able esp on the ign side ... Oh, and lifetime guarantee
ha ha lol ...not with us kiwi's driving them , they don't ! ' life span that is '

OK ... i'll go back to my original idea, IE : try and source the bits I need, probably of this site with some luck !

come on fella's scrape up all those old bits put' em in a small cardboard box, and give me a bellow, I want to show PUTIN how to make a real FI system