Holden V8 efi parts

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Holden V8 efi parts

Post by HQ355 »

I'm thinking of selling my injection parts to suit holden 5.0 I have a brand new VR V8 manual injection loom, brand new VR dizzy, brand new ignition module, brand new coil. All these parts are genuine GMH. 2nd hand parts are reco group a injectors, 70mm throttle body, ported inlet manifold and fuel rail with regulator all in excellent condition. Anyone interested let me no, cheers
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Holden V8 efi parts

Post by vlad01 »

who made the throttle body? how much you want for it?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

Hi mate I got it on a motor I bought a while back so I don't have a clue what brand, it's actualy 72mm if that helps ? It is a V8 one not a bored out V6 one although you can run them on V6 I think ? I checked eBay and there $199 on there so il let it go for $100. I'm in Melbourne if that helps, cheers
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Not likely to be 72mm or it's not genuine (Holden) as most castings are starting to get thin when bored out to 70mm let alone 72mm.

V6/V8 tb's are identical casting except the diameter it is bored out to at the factory.
HQ355

Post by HQ355 »

Il measure it tomorow, it is definatly genuine and over 70mm, havnt looked at it for a long time though
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:Not likely to be 72mm or it's not genuine (Holden) as most castings are starting to get thin when bored out to 70mm let alone 72mm.

V6/V8 tb's are identical casting except the diameter it is bored out to at the factory.

I don't think they are, my walls at the purge ports collapsed as soon as I got to about 63-64mm. So I was left with 2 big 10mm holes in the side of the TB. I drilled it, tapped it and fiited solid brass bungs half way though, then brass barbs on the outside, half way though to meet the solid ones, then put it back on the lath to bore it out to just over 66mm, got a custom butterfly to fit it., drilled new purge ports with 1mm bit.

See I had 65mm butterfly already and was boring it out to that size but the collapse happen before I got there, the 66mm was a fix for the fuck up really.

So I reckon the v8 ones are slightly different in that respect.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Yes, when you bore them out you will break into the threaded holes where the hose barbs are for the charcoal canister. I measured the OD on my standard Buick 3800 V6 TB and found it to be a touch over 71mm. I don't know why they are drilled different around those purge ports? one other difference that I do know off is that the throttle stop on the V6 TB's are taller than the V8 TB's which becomes an issue if you use a V6 TB on a V8 that is fitted with cruise control as I discovered.

If you have a look at the MACE TB's they actually put an alloy bung into the threaded section and then bore to suit. It's the same reason they will only go to 69mm on the Ecotec TB's as the castings are too thin to go to 70mm reliably. I believe YT do or did a 71mm TB, MACE doesn't because of the simple reason that to many where failing when bored out the extra 1mm.

When I got my first 70mm TB from a local NZ engine shop he advised me not to over tighten it as it my distort the TB casting as it was getting fairly thin in some spots at 70mm.

That's my experience with em anyway.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah mace does what I basically did with mine.

I am hoping this one is a mace one.

HQ can you post a pic of that area inside the bore?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i don't know alot of details of the one i have, i bought it off a mate, its apparently a Yella Terra unit ?!?! and 69mm, i've never actually measured the butterfly to see if it is or not, but it definately looks bigger when put beside a stocker!
P1070534.JPG
P1070534.JPG (129.46 KiB) Viewed 7400 times
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

so the one on the left is a 65mm one?