FS: PCM NVRAM Conversion (VS Ecotec, VT V6/V8, VX/VY L67)

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

FS: PCM NVRAM Conversion (VS Ecotec, VT V6/V8, VX/VY L67)

Post by antus »

PCM NVRAM Conversion

Contact Gareth to order PCM NVRAM'S.

As of March 2024 there is 30 in stock
pcm nvram.png
pcm nvram.png (189.18 KiB) Viewed 43848 times
Suitable for PCMs with these service numbers:

For a full compatibility matrix see the hardware and software guide here http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396

These PCMs were used in these applications:

VS Ecotec - Normally Aspirated and Supercharged.
VS V8 Auto Series 3 (MAF engine).
VT V6 (Normally Aspirated and Supercharged*), V8 (except series 2, LS1)
VX Supercharged

Note Supercharged tunes suit boosted applications, including turbo.

Usage
These NVRAM kits are used to replace the factory memcal and enable real time tuning with The1s extended software or realtime factory software. The most suitable base tune will be installed on the NVRAM and it will be tested prior to shipping.

Beware the clones
PCMHACKING.net products use only genuine components. The NVRAM is genuine Dallas/Maxim and is the industrial version which can withstand high cabin temperatures. They also include a high quality battery which provides long life (10 years after first use). For more information on clones, see http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685

More information
If you need more information about the use of this hardware, click the FAQ button at the top/right of the forums and have a read of the documents available for download there.

Purchasing
PCM NVRAMs are $270 AUD each plus postage and handling.

To go with your NVRAM you will require an ALDL interface - http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3616
PCMHACKING.net ALDL interfaces are the only interfaces that are guaranteed to work with our NVRAM.
If you wish to purchase one of these PCM NVRAMs contact Gareth via PM.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Spookydriftr
cars: 2003 vy Commodore s l67

Re: FS: PCM NVRAM Conversion (VS Ecotec, VT V6/V8, VX/VY L67

Post by Spookydriftr »

Just to get my head around this as I'm new to this side of playing with cars, I remove my factory chip and replace with one of these nvram, will I need a tune straight away or will it be the same tune as standard. I just spent alot of money repairing my laptop thinking I can use tunerpro without any modification but turns out I was wrong and that is for the na motor. I can't get my car tuned untill next year now and I want to be able to change fans on temp and gear change settings as I have a bigger throttle body to go on. Any advice is very much appreciated cheers Lucas
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Simple answers to all your questions is, yes.

The file loaded is standard (the1's enhanced code), you would tune this to suit your combination.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
GmanVS
cars: VS Acclaim L67 M35 in Lotus blue

Post by GmanVS »

Hi Lucas, I have just put one of these in my VS acclaim. I am running an L67 through a Getrag 5 speed. I couldn't be happier. This board is plug and play. Install Tunerpro RT 5, the OSE plug in and get an ALDL cable and you're away. I made a couple of missteps while learning but they are avoidable. I have a programmer now which is great because it can read what's on the chip and gives you an ASCII version through its own software. If you want total control this is the setup for you.
Spookydriftr

Post by Spookydriftr »

Thanks biggvl, so I do need to tune it straight away or would the advanced one loaded on the nvram work as normal or does the enhanced feature make that not possible? GmanVS thanks for your advice what is the OSE plugin that I'll need or does that come with tunerpro? I'm still getting my head around adx files and bins haha
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Have a look at the hardware and software guide in the faq area (see link near the top right of the screen) that should explain the hardware options and provide links to the software. Ose plugin is a tunerpro plugin for this setup.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Spookydriftr

Post by Spookydriftr »

Thanks antus just trying to figure this all out, cheers
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Yeah mate, just plug it in and the car will drive the same as before, therefore no need to tune straight away. :thumbup:
Spookydriftr

Post by Spookydriftr »

Thanks vs ss for your time mate, thanks to everyone for their advice I really appreciate it
Spookydriftr

Post by Spookydriftr »

Hi again, I just found out that I will need an eprom burner to compete the process. So I have an aldl cable on the way and I need to buy a nvram from here but the I need to burn the nvram program on to the memcal that came out of my computer? Is this correct as I must have not read this properly and thought the nvram replaces the memcal, sorry for asking questions that might seem dumb, cheers Lucas