FS: PCM NVRAM Conversion (VS Ecotec, VT V6/V8, VX/VY L67)

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
iicudigi@gmail.com
cars: 2003 vy l67 wagon

Re: FS: PCM NVRAM Conversion (VS Ecotec, VT V6/V8, VX/VY L67

Post by iicudigi@gmail.com »

Hi guys is this what i need to reflash my ecotec 2003 vy n/a to suit a std L67 i have fitted? the serial number on mine is 16269238. origonal ecotec harness used. Just moded

i have ALDL cable and tunerpro rt

Thanks I have read the faqs but was concerned about the match
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Not exactly, the l67 pcm is a vt style computer, the flash pcm is NA, so its not the same computer, physically. But you can flash the1s enhanced bin in to the factory flash pcm to give it the ability to handle boost and you can do this with an aldl cable. It depends which way you want to go. This is for tuning a non flash pcm.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
mashie350
cars: VX commodore L67
VY commodore eco
SY Territory
LG Torana
B4 Liberty EJ20 n/a
Disco series 1

Post by mashie350 »

Hi there,
I am struggling to wrap my head around this all. I have a factory VX with L67.
I have a few programs installed in regards to read write functions:

-Memcal ID Tool
-OSE Enhanced Flash Tool

I gather once ALDL is plugged in put battery on charger of course, use Key finder tool to crack PCM ID key? This may take a few days if i'm not mistaken?
Once ID is found the PCM will be able to be written to by OSE yes? What am i missing here what exactly do i need because there seem to be a few programs that do the same thing here???
:comp: :comp: :comp:
:study: :study: :study:
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

VX L67 is not the flash pcm, its the same as the VT pcm with a ROM, so you can not write it as is. There are a couple of approaches you can take. This nvram conversion makes it real time tuneable, or you can research how to replace or erase and write the EPROM which will need hardware. These PCMs do not need and do not have security. The NA VX has flash memory and security and ose flash tool can calculate it so no cracking is needed. Have a look at the guides in the FAQ area (see the link up near the top right).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
PSIDV8
cars: vy commodore spac

Post by PSIDV8 »

Hey guys just about to start an vy ecojet build juat wondering if the enhaced code for vy/na with just the maf increase will work for a turbo set up thanks in advance
skidkid92
cars: 2002 Holden Vy Commodore
1996 Holden Vs Commodore (skidder)
2000 Mazda 121 metro

Post by skidkid92 »

Hey mate. Is this what is required to tune a vehicle without burning and erasing memcals? Looking to get into tuning my next burnout car, well making adjustments at the track anyway. Assuming I will need this and the aldl cable to connect from car to laptop? Am I correct?
Also is there a discount for buying both nvram and aldl cable together?
Thanks in advance
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

skidkid92 wrote:Hey mate. Is this what is required to tune a vehicle without burning and erasing memcals? Looking to get into tuning my next burnout car, well making adjustments at the track anyway. Assuming I will need this and the aldl cable to connect from car to laptop? Am I correct?
Also is there a discount for buying both nvram and aldl cable together?
Thanks in advance
if you use VT/VX computer yes this is what you need, otherwise if you use VN/VP/VR computer you want the ECU NVRAM conversion.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

See the hardware and software guide in the FAQ area (link up near top right) for more information.
Nero
cars: Aussie, Euro, American and Asian

Post by Nero »

Hey guys. i have a VT HSV 195i . i have built a stroker 355 motor for it. i wanted to us The1s enhanced file but i cant seem to even get the ecm to recognise the PCM Nvram. is there a issue with hsv ISS system and nvram coms. ? has anyone struck the issue before its very werid that it just turns the fan on. i have checked serval times to make sure the file is not curropt . even loaded the stock tune onto Nvram and still same problem. puling my hair out :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

@nero, I think the HSV ISS will only be a problem if you try and change the computer, but I am not completely sure. Which memcal came with the car and which the1s file are you using?
@Pog send a PM to user Gareth to buy hardware.