FS: Universal Speedo Correctors

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Re: FS: Universal Speedo Correctors

Post by festy »

ben044 wrote:hi Festy just wanting to know a bit more about ur speed correctos
What would you like to know?
You can use this thread for any questions, or PM me if you prefer.
ben044
cars: vs 5l ute, hq 304 one tonner, ve sv6 wagon

Post by ben044 »

i have a vs s3 v8 manual, i have just installed 3.45 diff gears. i tried a jaycar corrector but my problem is the signal from gearbox to ecu is sinewive and the signal from ecu to speedo is squarewave, #1- now as soon as i cut the signal wire to speedo from ecu it stops pulsing the signal and the jaycar one stops the link and stops working, #2- if i tap into the sinewave and let the jaycar corrector send the signal to the speedo i dont have enough adjustment to get speedo right, #3- if i just try to correct the sinewave signal before the ecu the speedo fluctuates from 5-15km
festy

Post by festy »

I don't know much about the Jaycar module, but plenty of people seem to have issues with them. Their first corrector kit was pretty good from what I've heard, but their new module sounds like a step backwards?

My module *will* work on your car - I know of at least one VS S3 that's using mine to correct a diff ratio change. He tried the Jaycar module first, but couldn't get any sense out of it and after an unhelpful call to their support line he binned it and installed one of mine.
Maybe there's some weird incompatibility between the Jaycar units and VS S3s? :wtf:

My module also has a bit more correction range than the Jaycar unit - it will go from dividing the input signal by 8 through to multiplying by 8, so you could also use it to drive the speedo directly from the VSS signal and bypass the PCM if you wanted to - but I'd recommend intercepting the VSS instead.

For something like a diff or tyre size change where you only need a small amount of correction, my module has a high resolution setting where the correction range is reduced to about 2:1 to 1:2 (divide by 2 through multiply by 2) which gives very fine adjustment.

My modules don't automatically try to detect the input signal type like the Jaycar module - with mine you choose between hall effect and reluctor (square and sine wave) setting. They do however have a LED that shows when it can see a valid VSS signal, and also a test mode so you can confirm your speedo output signal is working correctly independent of the input signal.
ben044

Post by ben044 »

ok cool definitely sounds like the module i need
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

I have inboxed you festy, would like to buy one of these
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
ben044

Post by ben044 »

Pm sent festy
The General
cars: VS11

Post by The General »

Hi Festy,
My son has a VS11 V6 Getrag manual. He has put 17" SS wheels on it, and has just replaced the standard 3.08 diff with a 3.46.

Will your unit allow him to correct for these changes?

Thanks, John. :D
festy

Post by festy »

The General wrote: My son has a VS11 V6 Getrag manual. He has put 17" SS wheels on it, and has just replaced the standard 3.08 diff with a 3.46.
Hi John,
Yes my speedo correctors work fine with the Getrags, I know of a few VSs that are using my modules after a diff ratio swap.
The General
cars: VS11

Post by The General »

festy wrote:
The General wrote: My son has a VS11 V6 Getrag manual. He has put 17" SS wheels on it, and has just replaced the standard 3.08 diff with a 3.46.
Hi John,
Yes my speedo correctors work fine with the Getrags, I know of a few VSs that are using my modules after a diff ratio swap.
Thanks Festy,
I'll let my son know. We don't live far from you, we're in Eagle Vale.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

Hi Festy

I'm keen on one of your speedo correctors, hopefully you are happy to post to NZ at my expense?

Tried sending you a PM a while ago but I just looked again and it seems to be stuck in the outbox with no option to send so not sure it went anywhere...?

Thanks