FS: Universal Speedo Correctors

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
Jayme

Re: FS: Universal Speedo Correctors

Post by Jayme »

pms stay in your outbox until the recipient has logged in and read it.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

VK_3800 wrote:Hi Festy

I'm keen on one of your speedo correctors, hopefully you are happy to post to NZ at my expense?

Tried sending you a PM a while ago but I just looked again and it seems to be stuck in the outbox with no option to send so not sure it went anywhere...?

Thanks
I sent him a PM also last month but no response :(
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

Thanks guys, hopefully he can find time in his busy schedule to deal with my little problems at some stage...! :lol:
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

Sorry guys, I haven't been able to get on here for quite a while :oops:
VK_3800: your PM was deleted, so I guess you went with a different system?
VK_3800

Post by VK_3800 »

Yeah sorry I found a Dakota Digital module (SGI-5E). Seems to work great except logs show the speed reading cutting out over 106-107km/h, but I haven't even tried using different modes or anything yet, might just be an issue with weak signal or interference.

Cost more than yours though and I will need another one day for another project I have stored away so could still be interested if you have one, no hurry now though. Yours and the Dakota Digital one are the only options for converting different signals as far as my research goes.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Mine is working great ( festy's 2nd prototype), I havnt checked the speed issue on how fast it goes up to, may be vlad can confirm as he normaly has the laptop in the navigators seat and I've been too lazy to hook up electric speedo yet (Easter job). If I ever need another I know where I'l be going 1st :)
Fli355

Post by Fli355 »

Guys,

wondering if anyone has some advice.

I have an SV5000 which was converted to manual (T56), when I bought the car it had a really old (around 10 years) VDO corrector box in it with two different 8 way switches to adjust the speedo. It worked but was around 20% too high. With instructions no longer available for this model it would have taken a life time to adjust two binary 8 way switches to where it needed to be. I then purchased a jaycar one which seemed to get the right signal as I got the 1hz flashing LED to say its reading the signal. When I set it to where the speedo should read normal (3.08 diff gears compared to 3.89 which the car has) the speedo is 5 x what it should read. i.e. at 40 its reading 200!

I then tried to adjust it down by 80% but it only reduced the speedo to around 3 x what it should read. It was also jumpy as anything. I am at wits end with this thing. Does anyone have any advice or contact details for Festy? I read afterwards that the jaycar ones are shit. Shouldn't have bought one. It doesn't seem to have anywhere near enough adjustment plus the jumpy speedo.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah mate I tried using a jaycar one, even when I had it adjusted correctly (didnt need as much as you) it still cut in and out at random times and wonnt read under 30km/h... terrrible. binned it and used festys and never looked back.
Fli355

Post by Fli355 »

that's exactly what I need but he hasn't been on for a few weeks and I don't have any other contact details to get a hold of him.
VK_3800

Post by VK_3800 »

I would use Festy as first option if you can get hold of him. If that fails the Dakota SGI-5E will work out of the box at a bit higher price. I switched to a more suitable output to fix the issue above which doubled the speed at which the ECU can't read the signal (and as a rule I tend to stay under 215km/h).