FS: VR - VY BCM Simulator

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Re: FS: VR - VY BCM Simulator

Post by pman92 »

I know VT/VX clusters can be programmed for no ABS or SRS easily enough with most decent scan tools (since they weren't always fitted, at least in VT models). But I don't think VY clusters can be since it was fitted to every vehicle by then (except maybe the ute version your referring to).

I can do 3 units for $350 AUD + postage to wherever you are.
It will probably take me about a week to setup and test it and then assemble 3 of them.

Cheers
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

pman92 wrote:I know VT/VX clusters can be programmed for no ABS or SRS easily enough with most decent scan tools (since they weren't always fitted, at least in VT models). But I don't think VY clusters can be since it was fitted to every vehicle by then (except maybe the ute version your referring to).

It will probably take me about a week to setup and test it and then assemble 3 of them.

Cheers
Perfect. I'll send you a PM to start organizing.
Travism
cars: BMW

Post by Travism »

I have a vy adventra, Is this device able to turn off the abs error on my dash?
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

pman92 wrote:I know VT/VX clusters can be programmed for no ABS or SRS easily enough with most decent scan tools (since they weren't always fitted, at least in VT models). But I don't think VY clusters can be since it was fitted to every vehicle by then (except maybe the ute version your referring to).

Cheers
Can still be done in vy dash custer. my drag car just had ecu/pcm/bcm with a hsv lvl cluster.

u just mask the error.
pman92
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Travism wrote:I have a vy adventra, Is this device able to turn off the abs error on my dash?
Only if it doesn't actually have ABS fitted. I would have to do a custom module to suit.
If the cluster can be programmed as Tre-Cool says it might be better/easier to do that though
MrModule.com.au
pman92
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

This modules had a bit of a V2.0 overhaul.
It's now all SMD components more suited to the application. And the PCB being assembled professionally in china makes quality better and more consistent and my job easier.
It's also now configurable for different applications, based on use cases I found from the previous one (that until now required custom firmware for that application). There's also plenty of room to expand and add different configurations when I find other potential uses (any ideas?).
Have a read of the first post for more information.
MrModule.com.au
Tre-Cool

Post by Tre-Cool »

I'd be keen on buying/working with you for a solution in replacing the older vz pim module to support the later can bus on the e38 ecu.

my vy ute uses a late 2010 model e38/6l80e & the vz 6lt pim does not like the late can bus data and causes the dash to go crazy. I mainly want something so i can plug the factory dash back in for the coolant temp guage to work. at the moment i use a powertune dash but that then results in no fuel gauge. next bonus would be having the factory aircon button trigger the ac pump via ecu too.

at the moment i just trigger the ac pump manually. In a factory arrangement i believe the ecu receives a constant broadcast to engage the ac pump.
pman92
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Tre-Cool wrote:I'd be keen on buying/working with you for a solution in replacing the older vz pim module to support the later can bus on the e38 ecu.

my vy ute uses a late 2010 model e38/6l80e & the vz 6lt pim does not like the late can bus data and causes the dash to go crazy. I mainly want something so i can plug the factory dash back in for the coolant temp guage to work. at the moment i use a powertune dash but that then results in no fuel gauge. next bonus would be having the factory aircon button trigger the ac pump via ecu too.

at the moment i just trigger the ac pump manually. In a factory arrangement i believe the ecu receives a constant broadcast to engage the ac pump.
Sounds do-able, but I haven't really had anything to do with the later CAN bus stuff. How many different variety's of the data is there? Obviously it's changed between VZ and 2010?
MrModule.com.au
Tre-Cool

Post by Tre-Cool »

yeah apparently gm has an early & a late canbus. the data itself is almost identical. ive been told it's something kinda like this

0x0C9 84 0B CC 00 00 41 08 - Brake on -late
0x0C9 84 0B AA 00 00 41 08 - Brake on -early
ben_att
cars: VF
VZ
VY

Post by ben_att »

pman92 wrote:
Tre-Cool wrote:I'd be keen on buying/working with you for a solution in replacing the older vz pim module to support the later can bus on the e38 ecu.

Sounds do-able, but I haven't really had anything to do with the later CAN bus stuff. How many different variety's of the data is there? Obviously it's changed between VZ and 2010?

So following on this, I am currently working through similar thing. I have fitted a L77 from VF into VZ, I've sorted through a few things, but now need to sort out the following data to the cluster:
-Fuel Gauge (generating a fuel gauge error and no reading)
-Temp (Currently always remains at o)
-Check alternator error
-Low oil pressure error
-Auto gear position
-I'm currently getting a SRS fault but only when the VF E38 can bus is connected to the PIM

I have attached a pin list of the two PIM's that I have, the one from the 6L V8 VZ E38 is 92189621 and the E55 is 92180030 (in my cars anyway) and a list of the loom that is now mostly redundant that went to the old TCM, needed to link the CAN bus wires and reconnect the horn, will also need to install a relay to close between the reverse light in/out wires to be hopefully fed off the PIM.

Then in addition to the cluster, the other items are:
-Need the PIM to send the crank request to the E38 over CAN using the VF command
-Need the PIM to send the A/C Clutch command via CAN (I've used HP tuners to pick this up in the test menu and the A/C works, so just need to send the command somehow)
-The cruise control inputs go to the PIM, need to send them via CAN to the E38
-Need the PIM out output a reverse signal from the CAN bus to pickup the reverse lights

It would be great to be able to 'relink' the VATS, but it looks like it is going to be easier to make up a new interface rather than trying to modify the existing PIM.
I'm sure I've missed something in the above, but as I get further through it, I'll post more details.
But if you find a solution that solves all the above, I'd be happy to purchase! :punk:
Attachments
Wiring conversion chart.xlsx
(14.2 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
VZ PIM and TCM pin outs.xlsx
(10.2 KiB) Downloaded 121 times