Delco DIS On Non DIS Engine

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Holden202T

Re: Delco DIS On Non DIS Engine

Post by Holden202T »

ahh right!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Very neat :thumbup:
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Ive been looking to install a D1927a on my Gemini instead of the reluctor an found that its hard to find references to which pin is which on the 4 cylinder D1927A module. Ive done some research and found the details and put them all on this image. Ive updated the ECM pins to match the 808 and left of the wire colours because what you have will be different depending on if you started with a JE Camira, N13 Pulsar or VN/VP Commodore loom.
Attachments
d1927a_delco.png
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Vrv8hz

Post by Vrv8hz »

I'm in the process of getting an RB30ET running on Delco. I have used a Falcon crank wheel modified to the 6+1 teeth with reference 10 degrees after TDC number 1. I have used the Falcon crank sensor and a Jackaroo d1928a module and coil packs. I am running a 808 on a modified VN V8 loom and have fitted a VN TPS to the RB30 TB as well as VN idle motor and IAT, 3 bar map and supercharged V6 injectors.

I have downloaded a bin from 202 for Holden inline 6 and changed the injector values to make a start. I also changed the timing table to 10 degrees across the board. What I don't have any idea about is the reference angle. It is currently set to 10 degrees but I don't understand how to set it up or if this is correct. The engine starts and runs but will not rev, if the vac port is disconnected from the map sensor it will rev but not cleanly. I have tried changing the inj disp rate up and down to get a clue if it is a problem but it is not very clear.

With a timing light I seem to be getting a steady 10 degrees.

No doubt there are some things that I am missing here and would appreciate any advice that could get me on the right track.
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Re: Delco DIS On Non DIS Enigine

Post by MudDuck514 »

Mechcano wrote: Below is an example of how it may look when mounted on the engine.

The VR sensor should be solidly mounted, the engine is at TDC #1 cylinder and the leading edge of the notch in the Trigger wheel at the centre of the VR sensor.

This will then have the sync pulse 70deg ATDC as in the above diagram.

Also try to keep the gap between the VR sensor and the Trigger wheel to 1mm or less.
example2.jpg
:idea:
Hi all,
Has any one tried using/making something like this to swap an LX9 3500 in place of an LA1 3400 V6?
I know the LA1 has 2 Crankshaft sensors - one 7x internal , and the other a 24x on the back of the balancer pulley, whereas the LX9 only uses a single 24x that is internal (where the 7x is on the LA1).
I am aware of at least one company here in the States selling a trigger wheel kit, but it is $200 or so.
I could get a used LX9 for $200 (I bought a used LA1 to swap into my Venture van as the block cracked this past winter) or perhaps a top end swap may be in the works (heads and intake manifold)!

Mike
Mechcano

Post by Mechcano »

Vrv8hz wrote:What I don't have any idea about is the reference angle.
Change the reference angle from 10deg to 60deg.
NIGEL
cars: commodore speedway car

Post by NIGEL »

Hi looking for some info and wiring on a dis-module
it is been wired up to a e420d adptronic ecu.
car start and runs but have no ecu control on spark.
have put 5 volt to the bypass and still no ecu control
car starts and runs with igntion timing of around 28degrees.
what will the timing be if the bypass is not working.
the wiring diagrame shows me as
(A) is the est signal (ecu in)
(B) as bypass supply 5volt
thanks for time and help
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

That sounds correct. Module generated spark is 10 degrees. It sounds like you might have a problem with your reference signal and/or pcm.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
zed280
cars: pulsar n13

Post by zed280 »

Want to do a bench test before install in car N13 do I need a reference signal for bench test ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Just to check for spark and base timing while cranking with no fuel you only need to power the dfi and have it well earthed
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem