Delco DIS On Non DIS Engine

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Delco DIS On Non DIS Enigine

Post by Dylan »

What effect does the number of teeth between the flats have? Say 36-1 or 6-2?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the more teeth the less degrees there is between teeth so more accurate measuring of engine speed etc.

in the case of the 36 - 1 every tooth is 5 degrees and the low part either side the same, so its fairly accurate compared to say 3 slots in the balancer with are 120 degrees apart.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Thanks, is there any ratio that needs to be followed between number of cylinders and teeth?
Is there a maximum number of teeth between flats? Or do you alter the program to suit the number of teeth?
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

I am going to use this set up on a Nissan FJ20t motor I just have a couple of questions if any one can help

When using the Holden ABS sensor I aume the lead is shielded and earthed out throuhh the sensor itself?

The link to the DS1927A is no longer active this is the cheapest I can find http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AC-Delco-D19 ... 4d0a345147
Does anyone have any other suggestions/alternatives?

Thanks
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The sensor is 2 wires at the sensor, and 3 at the module. From memory 1 wire goes to the centre pin, and the other wire goes to the outer two. You should use some kind of shielded cable.

There is a cheaper module here:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270845791587

Or.. depending on your time frame, VL400s custom ignition module with the nissan cas might be an option.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the abs sensor i used was from a VS and it didn't have any shielding, but i am using it with short wire and the wire from the ignition module is shielded
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

antus wrote:The sensor is 2 wires at the sensor, and 3 at the module. From memory 1 wire goes to the centre pin, and the other wire goes to the outer two. You should use some kind of shielded cable.

There is a cheaper module here:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270845791587

Or.. depending on your time frame, VL400s custom ignition module with the nissan cas might be an option.
Thanks for the quick response.

Just to confirm the LX345 is a smart type and is interchangable with the D1927A?

VL400s modual would be great but without an indication of time frame I currently have an issue with my current optical set up i need to fix
Yortt

Post by Yortt »

Holden202T wrote:the abs sensor i used was from a VS and it didn't have any shielding, but i am using it with short wire and the wire from the ignition module is shielded
Hmm thanks for that I might have to do the same as the sensor wire goes past the alternator, just not sure without striping it back if the VX ABS sensor I am using has a shielded cable on it standard however I would think it would be the same as a VS one.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well you should be able to tell by the plug, if theres only 2 pins and plastic plug then i'd say no shielding.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah, the ebay add says:

Interchange Part Number: D1911A, D1927A, 6H1034, 7043

And thats the one we used.

To be clear, yes.. the abs sensor and plug wasnt shielded, but generally thats low on the engine and far enough away from the spark leads. We used the stock sensor, up to the connector, and cut it after the car side connector and attached to shielded cable we sourced at that point, and ran that the remainder of the way up to the module. This way if the sensor needs replacing an off the shelf VS/VT one can be swapped in from the plug down. The shielding may not have been needed, we were chasing a problem which turned out to be a bad module, but decided the shielding is probably a good thing anyway.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396