202 FE Holden/Delco Conversion

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Holden202T

Re: 202 FE Holden/Delco Conversion

Post by Holden202T »

i guess the tuning question depends on you ..... if you have the coin to pay someone to dyno tune it then yeah theres plenty of experts out there who will do it, if you would prefer to save a bit of money and your keen to learn how to tune and DIY then yeah thats an option too.

the 202 tune i have put up on the forum here will get your car going on a delco and then you can fine tune it from there .... also in my signature at the end of this post is a link to the basic tuning guide for $12P worth having a read.
FEBlue202
cars: FE Holden with 202

Post by FEBlue202 »

Taking on board advice received to date, and before I jump in a new/proven direction, am I correct in assuming that the following works.

(As at this time I am thinking VR ECM/PCM with the 202, because I want the stalk based wipers dwell, cruise control, etc.)

1. That a locked (mechanical advance) VK EFI Distributor, fitted with Camira/Astra/Pulsar parts will drive the VR ECM/PCM

2. That the vacuum advance on VK EFI Distributor is also locked up (paying attention to align the allen key holes).

3. Which parts from Camira/Astra/Pulsar are the correct install?
(as noted somewhere in 'How to convert a 202 to Delco' JD Camira has Bosch and the JE Camira has Delco, WHY are BIM148 - Bosch Ignition Module, BSC803 - Bosch Pulse Generator, and Bosch Ignition Coil called for, when the PCM off VR Commodore is Delco. Have I missed some key detail?

If steps 1 & 2 are to be carried out, then from WHAT Camira/Astra/Pulsar models do I acquire, and should I just buy these parts new? (I have a complete VK EFI Distributor & Coil)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. BIM148 is the camira/pulsar/astra ignition module, this is the bit that you need more than anything else, as its the link between the dizzy and the computer controlling spark.

This picture shows the BIM148 installed on the dizzy

now the pulse generator is not required, however if you get it you can cut the plug off it and use it as per the above pic its the plug with the green and white wires on it, makes everything neater and it was like $10 or something.

now you don't actually need the camira coil, you can use the normal VK EFI HEI coil or pretty well any coil for electronic ignition (i didn't know this at the time i purchased my camira coil!)

camira coil

the pcm is delco but 90% of all cars sensors and such are all bosch :D

camira parts are JE, pulsar i think is n13 but im not really sure, if you goto supercheap auto and ask for that BIM148 and BSC803 you will get the right parts as they are who i got them from and they were the part numbers i used and you'll probably find all part numbers will be the same for camira/pulsar/astra.
FEBlue202

Post by FEBlue202 »

Thanks, off to Repco/Supercheap tomorrow (to do something positive while I work on the next steps)
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

N13 Pulsar, or LD Astra (which is a re-badged Pulsar anyway).
The N13s are common as dirt in wrecking yards, much easier to find one of those than a Camira.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i wouldn't bother going to a wreckers to get the parts, get them new for $60 from memory!

having said that might be worth going to a wreckers to get the plugs .... although they too can be found from other wiring loom plugs.
FEBlue202

Post by FEBlue202 »

Guys,
Camira Distributor Parts:
I looked up Bosch, when I could not see the parts at Supacheap, they have advised that BIM148 is available, but they did not recognize part number BSC803.
I have ordered BIM148 - Bosch Ignition Module from Repco, and now need some clarification on the other part "BSC803 - Bosch Pulse Generator" as the guys at Repco also could not recognize the part number BSC803.
Can someone please help.
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

Try BCS803
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

hehehe yeah typo :P i looked back in this thread and they are all typos, but the right numbers are here https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... =bcs803#p4
FEBlue202

Post by FEBlue202 »

Bosch Pulse Generator:

I have viewed the topic, altered the number to BCS 803 and still not getting anywhere at Repco
Did a google search and came up with: Bosch Ignition Modules
apps.bosch.com.au/motorsport/downloads/ignitionmodules.pdf
This pdf shows a few items that visually look like the part: Type A, B, C, & D
Which one is it (if any at all), and whilst there which part number should I use?