Delcoed 750cc Motorbike Engine

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Holden202T

Re: Delcoed 750cc Motorbike Engine

Post by Holden202T »

yeah jaymes current setup fires both cylinders at the same time wasted spark style like the commo v6 does.

1300 6 cylinder motor bike ... nice!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah we already have the turbo sitting there ready :D just got to wait to get the thing in the kart and tune the bugs outof it N/A first. yeah its got a reluctor crank trigger that fires once every crank revolution. both cyls go up and down at the same time on oppsosite strokes, wasted spark. just connected a camira ign module to the reluctor and it fired straight away. one custom manifold and 2 injectors later and bye bye carbies :D

big thanks to VL400 who added the 2cyl mode in $12p just for me too :punk:
kaBOOM
cars: Sirius Deej, VL Calais Turbo

Post by kaBOOM »

Just a quick one: Do you have a Bin for this running as is? We here are doing a Subaru Sherpa (660cc twin Cylinder) and it might be of a little help! :D

:punk:
...when in doubt, simply throw more electronics at it!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah im using $12P, so far ive had it running with no exhaust and a bit of a rev. in a few weeks ill have the exhaust made for it and tuned a bit better, then you can have a copy :)
kaBOOM
cars: Sirius Deej, VL Calais Turbo

Post by kaBOOM »

Sweet as, we are using a TBI setup tho....just off a pulsar :P So it probably won't be of much use! Still nice to know someone is going 2 cyl as well!

My mate and I loved the Youtube vid, that runs sweet as, I surprised at how good your throttle response was with such a large throttlebody!
...when in doubt, simply throw more electronics at it!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah that was basically to test the theory of the setup, it definitely wasnt tuned real good, I had about double the fuel of what I calculated I needed to get it to respond like that. it definitely needs the exhaust and a wideband. the ecotec throttle was all I could find, but if it becomes a problem, another mate has a camira 48mm throttle body that I can have instead.
stevedarman
cars: VX commodore

Post by stevedarman »

Can you tell me why you went with tbi I see your point of injecting every ignition pulse,
but 4 6 &8 cyl's will all have fuel sitting behind the valve waiting for it to open
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I dont understand what you mean? im not using tbi.... ive got 2 injectors, one behind each valve. its multi point efi.
stevedarman
cars: VX commodore

Post by stevedarman »

may be i misunderstood you
i thought you configured the ecu to tbi after reading the post on oct 23 2009
"A TBI memcal should do the trick as that will fire the injectors on every ref pulse, so just have to make the hardware cyl selct pin 5v."
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah I did use a tbi memcal. tbi mode just tells it to fire the injectors every time it receives a reference pulse, which is exactly the same as 2cyl mode anyway. 8cyl = every 4th, 6cyl = every 3rd, 4cyl = every 2nd, 2cyl = every time.