delco on a small block chev

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Re: delco on a small block chev

Post by VK_3800 »

Would the ignition retard in 12P not do the trick?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

you can use an 808 retard it lots, but it doesnt work the same. its just firing in the cylinder a lot later. 424 spark cut is a lot nicer.

the one that I did, was an 808 loom originally too.. I filed off the locating notches on the ECM plugs, removed all the pins and repinned to 424 pinout...
Jervies
cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor

Post by Jervies »

Ok sounds like its not that bad, just need to put comms im to a later ecu. Jayme the plug for the usb comms, could i get one localy or could you send me another plug? Ill just swap the usb comms between ecus that way
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You can use the comms board like an aldl cable external from the ecu on the aldl wire save fitting it in an ecu
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The 424 does have ALDL, so adding an OBD port and using an ALDL interface would be the normal way to do it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jervies

Post by Jervies »

OSE_$11P V104 BLCC 383chev.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
trees grow faster than my progress in this project but none the less ive finally made a loom, set up a map in the 11p with spark cut and basic timing replicated off what its getting atm. dont see an easy way to turn off all faults for no auto or no fuel stuff though. hopefully ill fire it up in next few days see how it goes.
:driving:
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah 11P needs a "fuck off auto" flag that can be checked like closed loop fuelling disable flag in 12P
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Jervies

Post by Jervies »

fired it up today, runs ok but timing seams to be going under what ive got it set at. need to get rid of few ign modifiers. base of 10 is very hard to set on a massive cammed thing that normaly runs a base of 22. is there anything i can change to have my base of 22 still?
im assuming the ecu takes 10 off all the commanded timing points so the motor gets what is in the map.... :study:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

is it just getting it to stay idling that's the problem with 10 degrees ? if so just hold the idle a bit higher, set your base then let it off, and yes the computer will know the base is 10 degrees and then all timing tables will be correct assuming the dizzy is at 10 degrees also.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You can change the diagnostic mode advance to whatever you want.

Basically set the reference angle to match where the dizzy is timed physically, it also defines the cranking advance. So set that that up to allow easy starting - default with a camira reluctor is 10 deg. Not sure what you have in terms of trigger or what this is set for currently.

Then if you have a balancer with timing mark at say 20deg you can set the diagnostic mode advance to 20 deg. Then when in the pins are bridged and in diagnostic mode it will command 20 deg, can also change the diagnostic mode RPM upper limit to something higher and confirm it stays at 20deg at high RPM - if not adjust the EST delay scalar.

Its only the same to keep things less confusing, cranking advance and diagnostic mode both 10 deg so you are always adjusting the dizzy/ref angle to get the magic 10. They can however be different with no effect on how the engine runs - so long as the ref angle matches the dizzy position.