cars: 56 FJ Holden
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Re: How to convert a 202 to Delco

Post by Early 56 EFI »

Great, thank you for your input. I will keep the grounds separate as the General intended them to be.
inj gtr202
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Post by inj gtr202 »

antus wrote:I think you should be able to do it without the cam sensor and with a distributor using just the low resolution trigger, but you'd need to come up with the base tune from one of the American v6 tunes to get started, as I dont think anyone has created any other base tunes yet. When in low resolution mode you also loose sequential injection. Most people loose interest when they hear they need to keep the distributor, and move to the 6+1 on the Delco 808 as its a common conversion and you can use Holden202Ts base tune as a good starting point.
I've been following this thread on and off for quite a while.
I'm currently doing a re-build on my 202.
It's already injected and converted to run $12p with the locked dizzy/ Camira ignition module.

I would love to run with no dizzy and the crank trigger off the crank once the new motor has been run in etc.

I have already got the Jackaroo Ignition module ready to go, the coil packs off a vy Commy, I'm about to get the crank trigger and sensor kit from sonic injection.

My question is regarding the cam sensor. Will the kit sold from Sonic Injection be suitable? or is there another way around it? I'm not sure what is meant by the above post regarding the low resolution trigger.

Any advise is much appreciated
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you dont need a cam sensor to run that wasted spark setup :)

as long as you have the 6 + 1 crank trigger it will work. i have had this exact setup running on a 202 with delco 808 so i can help if you need any more detail.
IMG_0419.JPG
IMG_0419.JPG (126.76 KiB) Viewed 4084 times
inj gtr202
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Post by inj gtr202 »

Holden202T wrote:you dont need a cam sensor to run that wasted spark setup :)

as long as you have the 6 + 1 crank trigger it will work. i have had this exact setup running on a 202 with delco 808 so i can help if you need any more detail.
IMG_0419.JPG

Awesome!!

I'll hit you up once it's all put back together :thumbup: