How to convert a 202 to Delco

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
holdencrazy

Re: How to convert a 202 to Delco

Post by holdencrazy »

Ok thanks for that, found some, not that expensive :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

so i've made a bit more progress on this, i got a new (old) balancer and re-did the slots in it and this time its actually almost spot on, it fires at 2 degrees advanced with the module in bypass mode (no computer control) but for what i want to do with the 0411 pcm its going to be perfect, because it expects a TDC reference point so 2 degrees is going to be close enough, it will just mean all the spark numbers in the tables are off by 2 (not the end of the world)

so now i've removed the delco and its loom, and started fitting up the 0411 loom, so far most of it is plug and play, MAT, TPS, IAC, and injectors are all the right plugs, MAP wiring colours are the same as the delco wiring colours, and the same pin outs, so that was a straight solder together job (just so i can use delco map sensor which i have, one day i'll probably modify the manifold to fit factory LS1 map sensor.

the injector wires are long enough but the power wires are too close together so i've cut all them and will re-run a new power feed.

i've worked out the wires needed to interface with the DFI module so just need to wire them up to the plug ....

i have a CTS on order, i probably could have wired in another model sensor, but for $30 i figured go to the right one, and i have a tap the right thread size for it.

once i get the DFI wired in along with some power wires for the DFI and PCM i would like to get a data log of it winding over and see if i get an rpm signal and make sure all the sensor readings are correct, then its got to be close to trying to run it!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Great progress you'll be pumped when it's don mate
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well i have some sensors reading, including the rpm signal from the DFI :)

and yes i had the patio heater on in the shed!
hpt cranking log.jpg
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

There has been plenty of progress on this, i have successfully got the engine running and i believe the 0411 pcm is controlling the spark, but it is also missing a bit and running pretty rough, but i believe this is my crank trigger more than anything else, so i need to get something a bit more reliable before i can safely say it all works properly.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Good stuff mate
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you can see from this log that its got pretty steady tps, spark, iac etc and then the rpm just jumps up and down.

I think its getting trigger issues (and scope seems to confirm some odd readings) so i am putting a stop to progress until i can get a proper trigger wheel on it because its hard enough to get a new combo working without trigger issues :P
0411 on 202 log.jpg
but i can definitely confirm that the est input to the dfi module is showing different spaced pulses so its certainly controlling timing by the looks of it, and the timing light seems to match the commanded spark advance.

i also found that the IAC pin outs are backwards to the earlier model so thats something to keep an eye out for.

i've been making a running list of what has changed for the 202/DFI setup, and any other wires i have added/changed or identified, eg. i dont have a cam sensor so using its +12v for the DFI bypass connection.
0411 on 202 wiring.jpg
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Awesome work mate
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: How to convert a 202 to Delco or Delphi

Post by antus »

Will have to update the thread name to "How to convert a 202 to a Delco or Delphi" soon :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

hahahah yeah! or maybe how to convert a 202 to EFI