antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: How to convert a 202 to Delco

Post by antus »

and easyer than all those calculations find a gps and get a mate to cruise at a constant speed and record the actual speed from the gps and the speed the ecu says your doing, and from that you can work out how many % it is out and adjust ppk up or down by that much. Even easyer with a realtime board and the OSE $11 code from here.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

easy solved then!
Rock_Lobster
cars: EH Ute with soon to be VK EFI

Post by Rock_Lobster »

Me again, back like a bad smell.

I found a better option for the VSS signal. This mob :- http://www.sideshowsperformancewiring.c ... tegoryid=1
sell an inline unit that goes into the supra box, which you then screw the speedo cable onto. Suits a DELCO. Better than a "T" adapter I think.

A lot of other interesting stuff worth a look on that site.

Rock Lob
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

pheonix mechanical do a few VSS with cable drive out too or if you look in another conversion thread on here fuel injected lada niva 4x4's have them too dont know what thread size they use though.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i need to find a VSS that will screw onto or go into a 6 cylinder powerglide!
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

That inline VSS from sideshows looks the same as the units that kalmaker sell.
I went through 2 of those in 1 month and a bit @$130 bucks a pop....the plastic bodies or the pick ups inside don't last.
I ended up using a "t" drive that a mate made up and has lasted close to 2 years so far.
For the HJ i used a WB stato cruise cable which is about 2 feet long.....so from the TH700 drive to the centre of the "t" drive is the stato cable(which sits nicely in the sub frame channel)...the VN VSS at one end and a TH400 cable at the other end going to my GTS speedo.
As i got sick of using a switch to lock the converter and then wanting to add a VN cruise module,i got a VN speedo head and
removed the display plate,needle,and left with only the guts of the speedo,i was able to use the "divide by 5" circuit for the TCC and cruise control.
The VN speedo head sits neatly under the HJ console.
I think the pheonix VSS' look good and would pay the extra for anything with a metal body....also check ebay in the US as alot of rodders source this stuff as well.

cheers...Mario

Holden202....i haven't touched a powerglide for ages but doesn't it take a TH400 style cable? therefore a VN VSS should screw into it?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah looks the same as one of them but is about 5mm too big from memory ..... i guess something that fitted into a t400 would maybe be able to be machined down ..... might be worth looking into!!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

rightio, i've finished the vk manifold with vn TB bolted straight onto it .... heres some pics for anyone that interested in it.

ok first up ... when i did the last manifold i put the MAT sensor beside the TB and it required welding up the hole then re-tapping it for the MAT sensor.... so i got thinking and came up with this location, uses up the EGR valve port which i previously had blocked off and is pretty much the perfect size once you rip the EGR pipe out of the manifold
P1030520.JPG
P1030520.JPG (118.51 KiB) Viewed 8390 times
the view from the inside, just happens that when the thread bottoms out in the manifold the inside is perfect and only has the plastic part of the sensor sticking out! Also as you can see its directly behind the TB so its going to get plenty of air to monitor!
P1030523.JPG
P1030523.JPG (146.68 KiB) Viewed 8390 times
ok so this hole was drilled out a bit and then elongated about 2mm and this made the inside hole line up almost spot on with the manifold.
P1030521.JPG
P1030521.JPG (121.51 KiB) Viewed 8390 times
i had to relieve the area around this bolt but other than that it works alright.
P1030522.JPG
P1030522.JPG (140.5 KiB) Viewed 8390 times
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Post by Six_Shooter »

I realize I'm in North America, but when I converted my Nissan L28 to EFI using a Delco ECM, I used a complete TB from a 3400 60 degree V6, and had my grandfather make an adaptor for me. This way if need be, I could use the adaptor on another Nissan I6 intake, or what have you. I had considered welding a flange directly to the intake, but for me it was a good thing I didn't, the throttle linkage interfered with the dizzy, and so I had to flip the entire works over (square bolt pattern on the intake), until I was able to get the DIS installed and working.

Just wanted to suggest the use of a bolt on adaptor, it can have benefits, and make it easier for some to make than getting parts welded.
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

that was the whole idea of the above mods, the actual manifold has only been modified in the tapping of the thread for the MAT sensor, my original manifold had the square 4 bolt flange ground off and then a commodore 2 bolt flange welded onto it which then allowed the standard commodore TB to bolt on ....

this method allows it all on with only minor modifications to the TB which as far as im concerned isn't an issue as i have these TB's laying around :D

the other reason for it being this way is so the butterfly is on the top of the manifold as being on the side requires mods to the accelerator bracket .... i could see an adaptor working fine though and i guess if you made it thick enough it would probably allow the accelerator linkage to be on the side and clear the manifold .... which then would mean no need to modify accelerator cable and / or bracket.

with the right tools i did all this in the shed in about 2-3 hrs and honestly you could chuck the TB on without the porting ... in most areas there was 1mm or so of lip which from what i have seen is not very different to alot of factory setups .. but seeing how this is my good manifold thats been port matched to my head and so forth i want it to flow good! never know, it might be on the gemini one day for some strip action :driving: