How to convert a 202 to Delco

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
jacomms
cars: Commodore's .....what else?? :-)

Re: How to convert a 202 to Delco

Post by jacomms »

to be honest I dont remember .....but i can lay a hans on both a VK efi intake and a commodore TB within mins :-) .......but I will be talking to my bro tonight....I will ask him for some pics......man I wish I had pics of all the delco conversions Ive done over ther years.....hahaha all my conversions for that matter....ohh well...

Justin
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I think mark was trying to run it on the side so the original vk efi accelerator cable bracket would work with it but if you wanted to do something like i did for the accelerator bracket then you could turn the accelerator bracket to the top and then it shouldn't foul on anything probably ...

i was going to check it out today but i broke my oil filter housing on the ecotec so i had to fix that! :wall:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok heres your answers .... looking across the vn tb mounting face with the butterfly wide open
P1030344.JPG
P1030344.JPG (109.52 KiB) Viewed 8647 times
ok with it installed the same way mine is with the accelerator bracket at the top this shows the bolt hole half out of the tb hole ... you could drill the TB holes bigger and this will fit (or file a groove into them)
P1030347.JPG
P1030347.JPG (128.55 KiB) Viewed 8647 times
with the holes offset as above this gap will become less, but either way, not alot to port match
P1030349.JPG
P1030349.JPG (165.39 KiB) Viewed 8647 times
the only requirement for this was to cut the middle wiring loom support off the fuel rail, other than that it fits...
P1030351.JPG
P1030351.JPG (203.09 KiB) Viewed 8647 times
whatever you do will require either using the other side of the bracket (right in this pic) for the pull motion or making a bracket to have a cable pull the normal part of the bracket from over the top of the manifold area somewhere ....
P1030352.JPG
P1030352.JPG (142.85 KiB) Viewed 8647 times
so i guess, either way both options are very easy to do, marks method of mounting requires the accelerator bracket to be trimmed as in pic 1 and then the bolt holes for it fit perfect ..... whereas my method requires the bolt holes modded but doesn't require any changes to the accelerator bracket other than fitting a ball to the right side of the bracket to pull it (pic 4)
Rock_Lobster
cars: EH Ute with soon to be VK EFI

Post by Rock_Lobster »

HOLDEN202,

Which BIN file did you use for this setup ? V6 or Camira ?
Also, did you use the VSS input ?

Wayne
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i used a few different ones, originally started with a $5D bin then moved to testing a $12 code once VL400 had gotten the code working for the camira module.

I'd suggest that would be your best starting point probably once its released.

i have a T700 auto in the car so VSS was the VN unit.
Biggsy

Post by Biggsy »

Years ago I got a speedo cable made up (for my VC Commodore with a trimatic) with a fitting on the end that accepted the VN VSS. The PPK (pulses per kilometre) was exactly the same as a VN setup, this allowed me to run the VN instrument cluster. This could also be used in a Delco conversion.

Dave.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

mine was a bit different, i had a cable at first when i put the T700 in and that worked fine, but when i changed my diff ratio and tyre size it put it out a fair bit, so then i bought a vdo electronic speedo and fitted that to my dash, it accepts the vn vss and is calibratable so its good, and as i don't have the VN dash which has the pulse divider circuit i simply changed the ecm ppk number to suit what my speedo said and it was all sorted.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

my mate went and got his kingswood's 304 wired up at an auto elec shop. the dodgy buggers didnt even hook up the vss, it drives fine and goes very hard for a 5L, 2 catches tho: DFCO doesnt work so it goes snap crackle pop and shoots 30cm flames out the exhuast under decelleration. second catch is lean cruise doesnt work.
hes been nagging me to hoo it up for him for a while as its giving him the shits.

main point is, VSS is not 100% essential to at least get the converison driving.
Biggsy

Post by Biggsy »

Without the VSS signal, sometimes the motor will stall as you come to a halt. I've found that the correct PPK isn't needed (have to change speed limiter and lean cruise settings to suit the PPK), just as long as there are pulses so the ecm/pcm can see it coming to a halt.

Dave.
Rock_Lobster
cars: EH Ute with soon to be VK EFI

Post by Rock_Lobster »

Hi,

I have a Supra 5 speed in the EH. Found this on the TORANA forums :-http://www.gmh-torana.com.au/forums/ind ... ded&start=
yel327 wrote :-

SPEED SENSOR.

Buy a CRS speedo T-piece adapter and screw it into the side of the Supra box, with the speedo cable on the end and the original VN/VP speed sensor on the T. Connect it to the wires from the cabin (see above).
You'll have to get the Memcal modified in the ECU for this to work. Get someone to modify the ppk constant for you, You'll have to work out the ppk (pulse per kM) by working out the tyre rolling diameter and converting that into axle revs per kM and multiply that by the diff ratio and then multiply it again by the ratio of the supra speedo drive gear to driven gear and then again by 10 (speed sensor is 10 pulses per rev). That will then be spot on.
I had a look on the CRS site, and they do have a T adapter that would do the trick for me. :D

Rock Lob
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning.