cars: 56 FJ Holden
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Re: How to convert a 202 to Delco

Post by Early 56 EFI »

Thanks Vlad, are the VT ones the same. I can get these easily. I will check this one out.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

From memory the ecotec works in your favour on the VK set up duebti the opposite opening direction of the butterfly?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yep ecotec throttle body is a good option!
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

Thanks for you help guys.
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

Just a quick question. Are the grounds within the ECU all common , ie is the ground at A11 (MAP/MAT sensor gnd) physically the same ground at D2 (TPS/CTS sensor gnd). The reason for the question, for physical convienience, I would like to use the TPS/CTS gnd for the MAT sensor gnd. I assume this should be OK.
Cheers
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i remember looking at the PCB of the 808 and noticing all the grounds together grounded to the same points on the PCB ... but i cant tell you if that goes for those ones ... but more than likely.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Is there a reason you don't want to use the map sensor ground like stock to share the return voltage over more wire to stop voltage offsets
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

Holden202T wrote:i remember looking at the PCB of the 808 and noticing all the grounds together grounded to the same points on the PCB ... but i cant tell you if that goes for those ones ... but more than likely.
Thanks, I will check it out when I am putting the NVram etc in.
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

delcowizzid wrote:Is there a reason you don't want to use the map sensor ground like stock to share the return voltage over more wire to stop voltage offsets
Only because I forgot about the MAT sensor when I made up the loom and I only have one free space in the connector which I can use for the MAT sense but no space for it's related gnd. If I can piggyback the MAT gnd off the TPS gnd my problem is solved without having to have one divorced wire on a single connector. Just tidyness.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Early 56 EFI wrote:
delcowizzid wrote:Is there a reason you don't want to use the map sensor ground like stock to share the return voltage over more wire to stop voltage offsets
Only because I forgot about the MAT sensor when I made up the loom and I only have one free space in the connector which I can use for the MAT sense but no space for it's related gnd. If I can piggyback the MAT gnd off the TPS gnd my problem is solved without having to have one divorced wire on a single connector. Just tidyness.
It can go all bad if you share grounds with a different POWERED circuit like MAP or TPS etc since the IAT and CTS is a thermistor circuit. You can check at the ecu/pcm if it cares by using your ohm meter to see if those grounds are all tied to earth together. Some care, some don't.