How to convert a 202 to Delco

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Holden202T

Re: How to convert a 202 to Delco

Post by Holden202T »

1. yes

2. yes they can, take note of them before you cut the plugs off, the larger lug is the positive wire.
HoldenHj2001
cars: 1967 Holden Hj one tonner.

Post by HoldenHj2001 »

Hey guys I know this is an older thread but I’m in need of an ignition model and cannot find the part number you suggested. I have found a Bim024 which looks very similar but I am unsure on if will be a sufficient substitute. I have a Holden Hj one tonner in the build and am looking to run the vk efi manifold with vn gear and run a sc14 supercharger for a little more kick. What tune would be the best for this combination? And does anyone have the links for the mods for the ecu if I do the tuning myself. Thank you for the help.
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

G,day there I have through all this and more, check out my Hemi 265 to EFI thread.

You will need an ECM Comms board and ECM NVRAM I got mine from the member Jayme. It comes with great instructions and if I can do it nearly anyone can.

If you can find a JE camira engine/efi loom it will make things real easy. Once you unwind all the insulation tape you can rejig the loom to fit a straight six configuration almost perfectly. You just need to grab two extra injector wires from a VN or similar and connect them in series to the existing injector wires. You just then need to hook the two earths to the block/head and the power and ground to the battery and your loom is powered.

You can use the camira ignition and most of the sensors if you get these with the loom.

I reckon I had similar problems finding the correct ignition module part number but it is out there.
HoldenHj2001

Post by HoldenHj2001 »

Arh right I’ll go and have a look at the 265 thread then. Yea I might have to get onto the local wreckers and see if they have a je camira ecu sensors and loom. I can get the vn stuff really easy and I’m just wanting to do a straight forward conversion so I think the camira way will be easier. Thank you for your help heff.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

HoldenHj2001 wrote:Arh right I’ll go and have a look at the 265 thread then. Yea I might have to get onto the local wreckers and see if they have a je camira ecu sensors and loom. I can get the vn stuff really easy and I’m just wanting to do a straight forward conversion so I think the camira way will be easier. Thank you for your help heff.

They are getting harder to find these days but yes VN’s are everywhere. If you are good with auto electrics then it may be just as easy to use a VN loom.

You should create a new thread so as to keep all this important info in one thread.

Check out the getting started guide, the link is at the bottom on Holden202’s threads
HoldenHj2001

Post by HoldenHj2001 »

yea i can pick up a vn for next to nothing so i think thatll be the way. turns out you can still but the BIM148 module from Repco but at $100 roughly its worth looking for one imo. Yea i have read the getting started guide a multitude of times its alot of info to take in when your not looking at it in front of you. I think ill start a new thread when ive got all my parts here ready to go. Thanks :turbo: :punk:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

another option for doing a delco onto a 202 is to use a distributor-less ignition system (DIS) and for a long time i have had a D1928A module to try this out on a 202, but never got around to progressing it.

I have found that using an ecotec alloy base plate makes a good option for mounting this module to the 202, i then used some steel tube i had, and drilled a heap of holes in it to allow it to pick up the two side plate bolts to hold it to the motor and then fitted some long studs out the other side to mount the coil pack base to it.
dfi1.jpg
dfi1.jpg (71.27 KiB) Viewed 5440 times
dfi2.jpg
dfi2.jpg (69.08 KiB) Viewed 5440 times
i am currently in the process of modifying a VN wiring loom to suit a 202 with this module, and the plan is to test it on a stock 202 i have and modify the 202 base tune thats in the $12P custom tunes thread to suit its requirements.

so i've re-routed the v6 coil pack wiring to my location and cut the commodore v6 dfi module plug off, and fitted the required plugs for it.
IMG_0419.JPG
IMG_0419.JPG (126.76 KiB) Viewed 5440 times
I got the plugs from EFI Hardware, below info.

C-03FR4-8HALF2 - GM 3 Pin Coolant Temperature Sensor Connector
C-06FR4-8HALF - GM Holden TPS Flat 6 Pin Connector Female
H-WTDC - GM Holden 2 Pin Water Temp Sensor Female

I am currently in the process of mounting a crank trigger.
IMG_0423.JPG
IMG_0423.JPG (101.88 KiB) Viewed 5440 times
it looks like from roughly sitting the template over the top, that the sensor above will be ~60-70 degrees from TDC

Also making the required slots in a balancer to suit it
chopper.jpg
chopper.jpg (48.67 KiB) Viewed 5440 times
Once it is all complete and confirmed as working i will be able to post more information as to what settings are needed to make it work and i will update the autocad file with the balancer bolt holes and TDC marks for reference.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Awesome, I have been considering this type of setup and will follow with interest.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Should be virtually identical on a Hemi 6!