How to convert a 202 to Delco

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
LabZ
cars: HZ Wagon [808 Injected Turbo Intercooled 202 On its way]

Pulse Generator

Post by LabZ »

Hey mate, Just wondering with the pulse generator, do you actually use the whole unit or just lop off the leads to make a tidyer looking unit? Could you maybe post a photo of how everything is setup underneath the cover on top of the heatsink?
Holden202T

Re: How to convert a 202 to Delco

Post by Holden202T »

yeah all i did was cut the plug and a length of wire off the camira pulse generator and soldered and shrink wrapped it to the 2 black wires that come out of the 202 pulse generator .... i just did it to make it tidy and if the ignition module ever blew then i can just unplug it and easily fit a new one .....

when you pull the 202 dizzy apart check on the original ignition module im pretty sure the two black wires are as follows:

black wire with bigger lug = +ve and the black wire with the narrower lug = -ve and then on the camira ignition module there is a p and n stamped on it, that is positive and negative .....

i think from memory the negative black wire was also a thinner one than the positive ... but its a bit hazy :D
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok been modifying another loom for 202 so i thought i would post as i go to get a comprehensive list of what i've changed so far.

firstly, for the 4 wire plug on the camira ignition module you can use a IAC plug its the right notches to fit perfectly....

so going off its colours this is what you need to do.

IAC PLIUG --------- MODULE PIN ----- FUNCTION ----- ECM PIN ------ VN LOOM COLOUR

BLUE/BLACK ------------- E -------------- EST ------------ D4 ---------------- WHITE
BLUE ---------------------- R --------- REFERENCE ------- B5 ----------------- WHITE/VIOLET
GREEN/BLACK ----------- B ------------ BYPASS ---------- D5 ---------------- TAN/BLACK
GREEN -------------------- G ----- REFERENCE LOW ----- B3 ---------------- BLACK/RED

red wire which T's off from the injectors goes to DFI for +12v, this can be used to extend for camira coil +12v

more to come as i progress
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

just a quick pic ....

ok, camira coil on the 202 .... you can buy the plugs from http://www.eficonnection.com ... i got the grey one with a tail, and then the black one (behind the grey one in the pic) comes with a length of wire then on the other end of it is the two pin connector for the camira ignition module.

I had to lengthen the loom to route it the way i wanted but either way it gets you all the plugs you need then you just use the IAC plug for the other one ... i think from memory it was $41 (us) including postage.
P1040667.JPG
P1040667.JPG (84.57 KiB) Viewed 7934 times
jezza351
cars: vr ss comodooree

Post by jezza351 »

hi guys i have a fella who is keen to run a 202 in his mudbasher and he wants to do the delco conversion onto it, he was wanting to know if there is an alternative to the dizzy setup with the camira pickup to fire the coil as he wants to go with coil packs and use something that will be reliable in wet conditions i wasnt sure how he would go about it but so any thought would be great.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

reliable in the wet is easy silicon the dizzy cap on and the leads and if he still wants more a rubber clover over that with rubber bands round it should be able to drive under water LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
GONZO

Post by GONZO »

This might be worth looking at, http://www.fat265.com/fullysick_efi.php
jezza351
cars: vr ss comodooree

Post by jezza351 »

Yeah i already told him to do all those things to waterproof it but hes dead set against a dizzy setup so i thought i would try and see what other options are available thanks guys
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

on a 202 i think the only other option is going to be some sort of custom crank trigger .... you could try the method of using the vk est sensor on the flywheel/flexplate ... or maybe a custom chopper wheel on the front of the balancer ....

either way i doubt its going to be quick or cheap!
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I've got some questions about the 202/delco conversion which have probably been answered before, but here goes.
With the addition of bosses to fit injectors & other sensors, can a carbied blue/black manifold be used with an 202/efi conversion?
Can the electronic dizzy with the module from a blue/black 202 be used?
If not can the Camira module be hooked up to a Crane HI-6 unit & coil? (I have the Crane ignition set up already)
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---