cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

Your making me feel old when you now have to put a Valiant tappet cover gasket on back order.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

It was like that when I was fixing an XD engine for one of my old bosses. Only one used engine was found at all the wreckers and had to order intake and exhaust gaskets. That was in 2011 too, imagine that now lol.

Valiant engines are no probs here, my local mechanic and a bunch of other around are really into them and stock parts and gaskets for them.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Even the VK is now rare at the wreckers. They have started to become the latest collectable.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I actually come across more early bird models at the wreckers than VN-VP now. I suppose it depends on the area.

Last week I saw a project VC ? all in primer and mostly fixed up dumped at the pick a part and there was a VL and a VK somewhere in there . Bunch of VL-VHs at the joint before.

VN, 1 and a toyota lexan VP at the 2nd joint and 0 of either at the previous joint.

It seems anything hot on the club rego turning date is all snatched up. VR and VS parts in the recent year or 2 have gone out of control too. Won't be long before (god forbid) VTs will be done up and on club rego lol
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Yes that's the case. You guys are lucky only 20 years old nut in NSW they have to be 30. Talking to a bloke the other day who claims to have a genuine Brock VK 6 cylinder. He claims all the numbers say that's the case. He bought it for $500 and now wants thousands. Sorry for the thread hijack. Back to the Valiant.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

It's 25 here. They were looking at making it 30 quite a few years ago but it fell through and stuck to 25.
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

Charlescrown wrote: Sorry for the thread hijack. Back to the Valiant.

Ha, no worries
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

I can’t get this motor started. Followed all the normal distributor setup but it’s not firing no 1 anywhere near just before tdc. There is spark and fuel but the timing is out. I am sure that I aligned the timing gear correctly. Once my battery recharges I am going to determine exactly where no 1 cylinder is firing. Maybe the ecu spat the tune.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Dizzy 180 degrees out
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Valve timing is pretty easy to check. Put the engine on TDC No1 compression and rock the engine back and forth watching the No 6 valves evenly moving up and down. When putting the dissy allow for the helical gear but I am sure you know these basic things after the work you have done in the past.