265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Holden202T

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

the reason I suggested a camira loom over a v6 loom is because they have all the relays built in lol!

if that's the case I'd almost suggest theres going to be less work in the v6 loom adding relays then there is in fixing a camira loom plus adding the extras for the injectors etc.

but you most certainly want the ignition module, although you can buy them new too if you'd prefer.
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks, I will keep looking
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Found an untouched JE Camira for the donor loom and have my wiring diagram so hopefully will get it out this week sometime without any damage. If anyone has any hints on carnage free removal it would be appreciated, keeping in mind that this engine is pretty much untouched and so there is a lot hidden by the intake manifold and accessories. Cheers
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Nice find! Just take your time with the likely brittle connectors.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Good point, thanks
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Just another query re the Camira wiring if I may , on the wiring diagram the ALDL connector appears to be behind the dash. Does the wiring for the ALDL come off the ECM loom between the ECM and firewall rubber grommet? Or is this just the diagram? It doesn't make sense as the the fuel pump relay, engine and sensor earths and Trans sensors come off the ALDL. Thanks
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I am quiet sure the ALDL plug is under the passengers seat right next to the ECU. It's a rectangular shaped one. You will be changing that anyway to an OBD2 style so you can use VL400's logging gear. It might pay to grab as many sensors as you can when you get the loom. If you fit a VN throttle body it will have the IAC motor on it with all the air passages. I think the Camira is too small for your engine.
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

There's some instructions for removing a Pulsar wiring harness here - http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=285 unfortunately the pics don't work anymore but the text should help.

Assuming the Camira is similar to the Pulsar, start at the ECU under the passenger's seat and unplug the two connectors. Follow the harness under the carpet along the sill, behind the kick panel to the firewall.
It passes through it's own big grommet, pop the grommet out and push the harness into the engine bay, the plugs will just fit through the hole one at a time.
Then from the engine bay, follow the harness and unplug each connector you come to, taking the MAP sensor, coil, MAT, CTS, injectors, fuel pressure regulator, throttle body etc as you go.
Don't forget to either remove the ignition module from the distributor, or just take the whole distributor.
The MAP sensor is likely to be riveted on, so take a cordless drill.

Be gentle with the plugs, some of them have a wire clip that you depress to release (injectors, CTS, MAT) and others have a plastic tab (MAP, TPS, IAC).
Make a list of all the extra bits you plan to harvest, and check that you've got them all before you finish.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Thankyou both for those replies.

Charlescrown. Yes the Camira throttle body looks very small, so VN is the go. Thanks for the heads up regarding the ALDL and I will be grabbing as much as I can.

Festy, that info is great. I didn't realise the ECU was under the passengers seat in a Camira, I thought is was behind the kick panel like a VN. Also that link is a great help.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I found the Pulsar wiring loom uses different colour codes to the Camira. You can either cut an OBD2 socket off a car (get a good length if wire to play with) or buy on Ebay from China for about $2.