265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Just a question regarding my turbo exhaust manifold, is there any Advantage in running a narrow band sensor in addition to the wideband? The 14point7 Spartan controller I am running has the simulated narrowband output. Cheers
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if the spartan does it ok then theres no real reason to change it other than if you wanted to move the wideband to another car.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Holden202T wrote:if the spartan does it ok then theres no real reason to change it other than if you wanted to move the wideband to another car.
Thanks Sam.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

G'day all. Since installing my new head etc I have had problems with getting a smooth idle and tried all sorts of things from big timing and VE changes to swapping injectors and nothing worked. It was ok in drive under load but missing when in park. At the same time the brakes were running out of boost. I hadn't put the two together but the mechanic advised that the booster was stuffed and leaking vacuum. Great coincidence that it decided to do it at the same time that I change the head over.

Anyway the mechanic also checked the error codes and o the only error showing is MAP voltage high. Could this be linked to the vacuum leak or a problem with the MAP sensor. The check engine light has been glowing for as long as I can remember and its not as though it has just appeared since the vacuum problem. Cheers.
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

I was thinking vacuum leak half way through your first sentence ;)
The MAP voltage code is quite likely because of the vacuum leak. Check the MAP reading with the engine off, if it looks normal (~100 kPa), your MAP sensor is probably fine.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks Festy
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

If there was a problem with the MAP sensor itself could I replace it with a 3 bar unit and it still run ok in an unboosted setup. Thanks
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

yes, as long as you changed the MAP flags in the bin to match the new sensor.
The downside is that you lose a lot of resolution.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

And make big changes to the tune because it will be running super lean because of the lower voltage going back to the ECU. I don't know if the resolution is a big problem because of interpolating between the cells.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Never done this but by flagging 3 bar the scaling would be correct and no voltage issues?