265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

The tuner had a few problems today, two new injectors crapped themselves and at the same time wiped the tune from Tunerpro and the CPU. He did manage to recover the tune but it wasted a lot of time and now he needs to replace two injectors. Hopefully he can get back to tuning tomorrow. I’m not having much luck getting this thing ready to take down the 1/4 mile.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

What kinda injectors skinny green 42lb fake ones die very regular stock shut stuck open and once you hit higher pressure under boost jam shut .if 2 have died its probably why your gasket blew in the first place
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Yeah I don’t know, the tuner bought/supplied them. I certainly didn’t ask for cheap fake ones but considering 2 out of 6 failed that’s probably what he got.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

He pissed the green bosch injectors off and installed some corvette injectors and its made a big difference. Now the wastegate is proving a problem and the boost is hitting 15psi at 1800rpm.
Also the brake master cylinder has crapped itself and the pedal is stuck to the floor. The master cylinder was brand new. What else can go wrong...well motor hasn't blown to bits yet.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Not enough timing and rich will swamp the wastegate I've had rbs hitting 18psi smashed it 6 degrees of timing and wastegate holds at 7psi lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

delcowizzid wrote:Not enough timing and rich will swamp the wastegate I've had rbs hitting 18psi smashed it 6 degrees of timing and wastegate holds at 7psi lol
Ahhh, thanks. Interesting.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Or you have a hole in the diaphragm but if its straight to the manifold vac and doesn't have a hole look at the tune before thinking the gates crook
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

delcowizzid wrote:Or you have a hole in the diaphragm but if its straight to the manifold vac and doesn't have a hole look at the tune before thinking the gates crook
The tuner had a brainwave, apparently a lot of the wastegates come with all the springs stuffed inside and you use Which one you need. The wastegate was new in a box with no instructions and i have not opened it up. good chance there are 2 or 3 springs inside and hence the high boost.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah thats possible! i reckon its spot on at 18psi though hehe :driving:
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Ha ha, yeah one day but not on this motor. I am plannng a motor with forged pistons and crank girdle but my funds have been cut short by our house renovation. Bugger.

I have been fully motivated by that SR20 motor that’s crazy pressure, hopefully I can build a Hemi 6 that could take around 20 to 30psi without exploding.