265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Holden202T

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

gotta be happy with that :)

and yeah the turbo will act like a muffler!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

That's gonna wake it up lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

That engine will respond very nicely to the turbo. They are so under stressed in their normal form. Should be able to run some serious boost.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Looking good!! That first drive is always very enjoyable :)

The air filter should be alright, am running a tiny pod filter on my setup and couldn't see a difference on the dyno. Its just a cheapy that was meant to be temporary but has stayed, the 'high flow' sales pitch when I bought it could also mean its filtering properties are questionable. Turbo inlet still looks clean though.
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

Holden202T wrote:gotta be happy with that :)

and yeah the turbo will act like a muffler!
Absolutely happy so far, you can feel the potential for power once the turbo starts winding up.

The exhaust guy said that the chopping action of the turbo quitens it down
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

delcowizzid wrote:That's gonna wake it up lol

It’s been a bit underpowered as the compression ratio was dropped to accomodate the turbo so it’s gonna get woken up alright. Ha
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Charlescrown wrote:That engine will respond very nicely to the turbo. They are so under stressed in their normal form. Should be able to run some serious boost.
We are aiming for 10psi to start with and the stock bottom end should be able to handle that ok.

The next stage will be forged pistons and mains cap girdle and that will certainly take some boost.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

VL400 wrote:Looking good!! That first drive is always very enjoyable :)

The air filter should be alright, am running a tiny pod filter on my setup and couldn't see a difference on the dyno. Its just a cheapy that was meant to be temporary but has stayed, the 'high flow' sales pitch when I bought it could also mean its filtering properties are questionable. Turbo inlet still looks clean though.

I still have the bigger one to put back on and I am going to build a cold air box that will seperate the engine bay hot air from the cold air coming from through the hole in the radiator support panel
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Tuning update. The Dodge 265 turbo Ute got the 42lb injector and Walbro pump upgrade and went on the Dyno for the boost tune. At 6lb of boost at somewhere over 3000 rpm the head gasket failed at the no 1 cylinder. It had just past 200 hp at the rear wheels. The tuner desciribed it as A torque monster.

I was running a graphite head gasket and so will install a Cometic MLS and take it back for further tuning. Hopefully should end up with around 230 at the rear.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

That's pretty lousy for the gasket to fail that easy. I would be checking for detonation for sure.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.