202 LJ Torana Conversion

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
v6bucket

Re: 202 LJ Torana Conversion

Post by v6bucket »

Should be able to knock something up in the lathe.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I finally got around to installing the Delco 808 in the LJ. What I'm doing is ignition only, no fuel, as the general consensus seems that the siamesed ports are a problem.
I've installed the IAT, MAP,CTS,TPS & a Camira module in the Bosch dizzy. I fired it up today & had several faults come up straight away, 1 of which is "Knock Detected", there is no sensor fitted & thought I turned things off so it doesn't show up, obviously missed something, (a Memcal is fitted on the NVRam Board). What other things should I be disabling so that it can used as ignition only.
Ignore the MAP readings, I've got a dodgy sensor, wiring or I forgot to check If it's still setup for a 3 bar sensor that I had fitted early in the week. Correction, MAP readings are correct, the cam has a bit of overlap.
Here's the 12P bin & a brief log.
test 1.xdl
(75.56 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
V112 Torana Alky.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I reckon you need to add some timing to it at idle, mine is the same, idles with fuck all vacuum so you need to add timing in the higher areas of the map .... add timing till you get map as low as you can. (this might also help richen the idle mixture)

theres a few spots in the log that the inlet air temp jumps, that might be causing DTC 26 .... not sure whats going on there, i'd be checking wiring first ?

DTC 35 is probably cause it cant get the engine to idle rpm (no iac)

im not sure what the no ref pulses error is for, i reckon you want to log it while cranking to see when that sets.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I've tried the timing at idle from 10° to 30°, the vacuum doesn't change much, it's a 262° cam with a 106 centre line, so it is a little cranky. That log was from the initial start up, I've since made some other changes & only have 3 Malfs showing, DTC 33 MAP signal High, DTC 34 MAP signal Low & DTC 35 Idle speed error, the last one I changed the Error Checking from 850 rpm up to 1500rpm. The dtc 33 I imagine if I lift it to a figure above my actual idle kpa it shouldn't be triggered.
DTC 34 not sure. It's not triggered until 14.04kpa
DTC 26 & No Reference Pulses hasn't come up again.
No IAC.
I'm doing the initial tuning on petrol, which will give me a starting point before I fill it with alky, I don't want to pollute the oil to much. The original set up was 18° initial/34° max all in by 3000rpm.
I generally run alky engines a bit lean at idle to promote some cylinder temp.
I'll see how it goes after today, I need to get it on the dyno before the 6 Bangers in 2 weeks.
Just to make sure I'm doing it the correct way, too clear a malf, push the button in the top left corner that reads "Mode1Message0" whilst connected to the ecu?
What does BARO 104.4 in red signify?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I don't know but I always get issues with baro readings. 20% of the time it's correct 96 baro (my place), all other times it's maxed out and 104.

Even on my new VP setup it does the same so I think it's a bug in 12P. I know VL updated this to fix the issue in v112 but the problem still persists.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Have you compared MAP reading to actual weather conditions locally?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah it's spot on. The MAP shows 96kpa but the baro shows 104, sometimes it's right but most times it flips out and pegs at 104.

Every single 12P setup I have had does this. I am sure it's a bug either in 12P itself or TP or XDF but I have tried various variants and versions of the XDF and same thing. also different versions of TP so I reckon it's in 12P
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

See the screen shot. highlighted the off engine Kpa and also showing the engine has not started yet.

baro glitch..PNG
baro glitch..PNG (80.45 KiB) Viewed 5266 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

dont worry about the baro being in red, thats programable in the adx settings.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I'll ignore the Baro in red, just making sure it wasn't adjusting something. It appears all the other malfs have gone after adjusting the things mentioned above.
As I don't have any speed sensor in the system & the "High Speed Fan" on(85.25°c) has a minimum road speed attached set at 55kph, if I reduce this to 0kph will it allow the fan to switch on?Yesterday it got to 90 odd with no fan running, I've doing some other work on the car so I can't test it.