Time to ask the brains trust.. Turbo 186 $11p

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Holden202T

Re: Time to ask the brains trust.. Turbo 186 $11p

Post by Holden202T »

methanol is like ethanol but without the petrol smell in it, its just that little bit sweeter :D
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

E85 out of drums here smells sulphury obviously the petrol portion has high sulphur
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I disagree.

I smelled the methanol you had and it smelled nothing like the sweet e85 smell. Your methanol smelled sour and bleach like, e85 from united has a similar smell scotch whisky or ethyl acetate and the petrol component is not apparent.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
BARBS
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

Post by BARBS »

I have to agree with Vlad on that. United E85 smells very sweet on the nose. Can hardly smell the fuel in it especially when it burns.
I ran Methanol in a bike at the sellicks beach classic bike race last year and it smelt awesome too but the fumes tend to sting my eyes a bit.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Ditto for United E85, I’d drink it if it didn’t kill me :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Methanol smells pretty good when it's burned but pretty stinky in its raw form.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Mad power BARBS! Must be heaps of fun!

I had a stroker 202 (235ci), T3/T4 Turbo, 12port, Draw thru, in a VC Commodore back in the day. Killed diffs and boxes til I went to the Muncie M22 with v-gate, 9" etc etc.

Mine made 300rwhp back in 97' and revved to 8000rpm...!! loved AVGAS!

At the time AVGAS was 1.45c per litre (leaded was about 60c) and I was making about $150 pw!! Spent all my money on parts and fuel!

Now you can go E85 for a reasonable price and make this kind of power out of a 186! How times change :D
BARBS
cars: LJ Torana
Injected, Turbo, NO2, 186

Post by BARBS »

madmaxisback wrote:Mad power BARBS! Must be heaps of fun!

I had a stroker 202 (235ci), T3/T4 Turbo, 12port, Draw thru, in a VC Commodore back in the day. Killed diffs and boxes til I went to the Muncie M22 with v-gate, 9" etc etc.

Mine made 300rwhp back in 97' and revved to 8000rpm...!! loved AVGAS!

At the time AVGAS was 1.45c per litre (leaded was about 60c) and I was making about $150 pw!! Spent all my money on parts and fuel!

Now you can go E85 for a reasonable price and make this kind of power out of a 186! How times change :D

HAHA thanks mate. Times have definitely changed. Id be screwed if it wasn't for the help of a lot of folks on this forum though.
Big boost, The ability to control fuel and timing better, the ability to monitor knock and AFR's, Better fuels. It all adds up. My motor was assembled 15 years ago by a mate who never ended up running it. Essentially the mechanicals have not changed a bit. Just the way we run it now. PCMHacking and the legends on here are helping unlock the potential of the little Holden 6. I'm simply the end user.
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Nothing better than making good power "safely"!!

I couldn't agree more about the help from all on this site mate!!

Antus, do you have a "Donate" thread or Paypal button on this site? I am sure load of people would give a little for the amazing help we all get to help run this thing etc!!
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I agree, times have changed. The technology is part of it, but the biggest difference is the techniques and knowledge we have now. Biggest proof is in how much we can get out of NA engines now vs then and also how they are more drivable, reliable and require less wild combos to do so. With boost this is even more exaggerated but NA is naturally much more reliant on those factors which proves the point.