Delco on 2JZGE?

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Brady93
cars: BMW E36

Re: Delco on 2JZGE?

Post by Brady93 »

Thanks Dylan. I'm researching the VL400 now to see what it is. Lol. :D

Would it be simply easier if I get a commodore crank sensor and make a crank sensor wheel?

Looking at the dizzy gearing in the cylinder head, it looks like the dizzy spins at the same speed as crank RPM, surely that's not right? Perhaps I need to look closer? If it span at engine rpm I could simply use one of the cam sensors on the dizzy? But I doubt it's that simple...

I found this comment on another forum, which makes me think one of the sensors in the dizzy is a crank sensor.
The GE motor got a CAS on the exhaust cam that provides both trigger and home signals.
I'm not sure what to make of it. Lol.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

1 forget the commodore crank sensor it will be of no use.

2 the dizzy turns half speed of crank but same as camshaft.

That wiring diagram shows the 24 tooth as cam sensor,but I think that is wrong as I think it should be the crank sensor with 24x pulses and cam with one as a reference point to tdc. Maybe???

Maybe you could set it up on tdc then machine every second and third trigger out till your left with the six at even spacing.
Brady93

Post by Brady93 »

Thanks VS SS.

I just did some digging and found this from Toyota themselves.

Is says the wheel spits out 24 pulses per engine revolution, given the wheel is inside the dizzy and on the same shaft, wouldn't this have to mean the dizzy is running at the same speed as the engine?

Also ignore the second (NE2) 32 tooth crank sensor, my engine does not have this.
Brady93

Post by Brady93 »

Maybe you could set it up on tdc then machine every second and third trigger out till your left with the six at even spacing.
Would that be sufficient to run the 808? If so I can modify the spare unit in the picture to use. :)

I am still studying the ignition system to understand how it is electrically advanced.

Thanks for the help so far. :punk:

Brady
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

if you use a camira/pulsar/chev v8 module just leave 6 teeth even space on the 24 tooth wheel in the dizzy cut the rest off (leave every 4th tooth) ignition solved no head butting the wall trying to interface toyota module to gm ecu simples..
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Yes this is certainly the easiest way of doing it. Only downside would be if you wanted to go back to the original Toyota ecu for any reason you would have to change back to the original dizzy.

My MR2 conversion is similar to yours, 3SGTE and Delco 12P and I have made it plug n play so anytime I can go back and use the Toyota ecu. I found this has very helpful to develop and overcome problems along the way.

An early picture which might give you a few ideas.

Brady93

Post by Brady93 »

if you use a camira/pulsar/chev v8 module just leave 6 teeth even space on the 24 tooth wheel in the dizzy cut the rest off (leave every 4th tooth) ignition solved no head butting the wall trying to interface toyota module to gm ecu simples..
Thanks. VS SS mentioned this before. It's sounds perfect, I can just modify my spare unit.

Yes this is certainly the easiest way of doing it. Only downside would be if you wanted to go back to the original Toyota ecu for any reason you would have to change back to the original dizzy.

My MR2 conversion is similar to yours, 3SGTE and Delco 12P and I have made it plug n play so anytime I can go back and use the Toyota ecu. I found this has very helpful to develop and overcome problems along the way.

Awesome! Thanks a lot for the input guys! I think it's time to start getting some of this stuff together now. It's turning out simpler than I thought, I thought i would be head scratching for months just to get to this point. Lol. :afro:

Cheers
Brady
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

kojab wrote:Yes this is certainly the easiest way of doing it. Only downside would be if you wanted to go back to the original Toyota ecu for any reason you would have to change back to the original dizzy.

Out of interest Kojab what are those 2 plugs on top of the 808 for? Logger or wideband connection?
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Dylan your spot on. The larger plug goes into a 4 pin microphone socket for logger (ALDL) and the smaller plug goes into a mini UHF socket for wideband.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Nice. I've actually been looking around for a socket for my ECU for my logger connection. How far inside the ECU do they go? Obviously not in the way of anything.