holdens i have owned
TD,TE TG gemini
HBII LC4 UC x2 torana
VH Commodore
EH Special

Vy flash pcm to astron II

Post by barana »

Gday fellas,
Have converted my early l300 to astron 2.6 from a tr magna with the m6 hemi head.The factory ecu works fine but IMO is nowhere neer as advanced as a delco... Eg no fan control,no voltage correction no vss vss being used for cruise control module.. Besides id like to get some teeth cutting in before I delco a p76 ;)
I've done some reading here on 808s on 4's with D1928a's ..
I have a VY pcm here and what I'd like to do Is use that to repower my astron.Some benefits that made me choose VY was the versatility of flash,the included LPG onboard,tho I read the1's enhanced tunes eat into the lpg spark map to raise the rpm ceiling...
Anyway, has this or can this Be done with a flash pcm? Tia.
"Its alright for god, he doesnt drive a kingswood.Even the nuns only have toranas"-Ted Bullpit
Me:yeah,corse,God's a Holden man
Mate:whaaa?
Me:Psalm 83:15 so pursue them with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm
A Holden & a pontiac
delcowizzid

Re: Vy flash pcm to astron II

Post by delcowizzid »

Don't think there's 4 cylinder mode in flash pcms
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Vy flash pcm to astron II

Post by antus »

That is true. If you can pick any ecm than an '808 or '424 will be your most flexible options. What are your plans for LPG? It may or may not be a problem.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396