202 EFI, Slowwwwly

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Holden202T

Re: 202 EFI, Slowwwwly

Post by Holden202T »

to do everything yes, but to get the basics going all you really need is comms to log, memcal burner and uv eraser, or convert the memcal to electronic erasable and then no need for uv eraser
Macca97
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects

Post by Macca97 »

so the nvram is needed to get started, so far it'll be delco 808, $12p, will go over the FAQ again for the 1000th time, and also look up about converting to electronic erasable

now also have a mate with a 265 val, that wouldnt mind putting efi on, also might have a play with the vr v6 auto, thats in our hotrod, this will be later down the track, once a get my head around it, with a 202 on the stand,
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

nvram certainly makes the tuning faster but I don't have one so I take logs and make small changes from the data I collect. Works for me but just a bit slower. A Valiant has been done recently. Brows through all the post and you will see it. It's a big post and quiet comprehensive. I would start with a basic V6 program with matching injectors. It should be close enough or if your going to use 12P (great program) just copy the fuel and timing maps from say a VN to get started. The biggest hurdle is fitting a VN throttle body to the VK manifold. Not hard but will require a bit of welding. You will be surprised how much better the Delco will be over the std Bosch.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

in the custom $12P tunes section there is a tune for 202, its not perfect, but It has recently been tested on a friends VK EFI converted to delco and it runs pretty well so would be the perfect starting point for a 202.
Macca97

Post by Macca97 »

found and read the val efi thread, also found the 202 tune, now im just chasing up a vk manifold, and another electric dizzy, as all the ones i have are all being used, dont really feel like stopping cars from going, ones i get my head around it with the engine running in the stand, might throw the efi onto my 202 swapped toyota corona, paddock basher/race car, and have a go, dont really wanna stick it on my daily yet
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Drop t5be dissy and go a crank trigger custom mudule and LS1 coils!
Macca97

Post by Macca97 »

have thought of that, but its only for a muck around atm, and a dizzy seems abit more simpler for my apprentice mechanic brain, only a young wippa snapper, at 19, :driving:
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Perfect age mate dive right into it! Put all the stuff you don't understand on it and dive in!
Macca97

Post by Macca97 »

i do plan to do that ahah, winging things has got me a fair way, probably why my daily goes well, its a hj ute, with a worked 202, winged the motor, and the thing is pretty quick for what it is. shaved head, mild cam, ported, 2 barrel manifold, with a 34adm carb
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Perfect candidate for a Delco crank trigger and 6 LS coils. Then boost once that's sorted.