antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Kalmaker

Post by antus »

That aldi one... 32gb storage... that will be emmc, small and slow as anything to boot. Intel atom, also slow as anything. 768p screen, pretty low when you have tables and monitors open at the same time. Avoid. It'll suck balls.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Thanks, price got me in lol

The one Jenko linked what you think about that?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

For the cheap end, spend similar money on something like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/E6230-Dell-i ... 2824581856 screen is still low res by my standard, but the $ go up sharply for 1080p, but the processor is good and its a proper ssd.

For the good stuff start with this or similar.. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dell-Latitud ... 2841476708 Its the cheapest 8gb ssd 1080p that looks pretty solid I can find at the moment. Had to add 1080p to the search and pick search in body, because hardly anyone puts the screen res in the title for some reason.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

The one Jenko linked is OK. 768p screen=ok, 500gb HDD=decent size, way slower than SSD. 8gb ram=good. Intel SOC is a pretty mediocre CPU. But its pretty good bang for buck for a new machine - you likely wouldnt get better at that price new.
Hof360
cars: VG Valiant Hardtop 360 EFI (currently Kalmaker) possibly about to make the jump to 12P

Post by Hof360 »

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Ultrabook that I use for work, has a core I5 processor runs windows 10 (came with 8) i think its an SSD not sure on size.
Its more than capable by the sounds of it but I haven't decided if I want to dual purpose it or not.

I also have an old Toshiba running Winxp but it has a buggered battery and is mighty slow to do anything.

Ill keep my eye out for something pretty recent and see what pops up.
Hof360
cars: VG Valiant Hardtop 360 EFI (currently Kalmaker) possibly about to make the jump to 12P

Post by Hof360 »

Hi Guys,

A quick update,

With the help of Antus and Delcowizzid I have successfully made the switch from Kalmaker sp3 to $12P

I have been able to get the car to start, run and idle, all within the first two times plugging the laptop in.

now the fine tuning begins,

I have a couple of questions,

When the gauge view reads Closed Loop fuel and Closed Loop Idle at the same time, What is controlling fuel as It is very rich when both of these are set. I tried dropping the Main VE table in that area and it didn't respond. all other codes are clear except knock detected do i need to disable this?

Thanks,
Luke
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Closed loop idle is just speed control via timing advance and IAC steps.

Changing the VE in that cell should remove fuel. Provided you aren't targeting 14.7 AFR at idle?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

download/file.php?id=3695 here's a kalmaker sp3 xdf open up 2 tunerpros at once via the drop down menus it's under tools custom tools new tunerpro instance have 12p bin and xdf loaded in one and your kalmaker tune and that xdf in the other and copy paste what you need to change as a starting point just watch the table rpm spacing and map scaling on the tables it's slightly different rpm steps
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Mad tip Delco! Thanks mate
Hof360

Post by Hof360 »

delcowizzid wrote:download/file.php?id=3695 here's a kalmaker sp3 xdf open up 2 tunerpros at once via the drop down menus it's under tools custom tools new tunerpro instance have 12p bin and xdf loaded in one and your kalmaker tune and that xdf in the other and copy paste what you need to change as a starting point just watch the table rpm spacing and map scaling on the tables it's slightly different rpm steps
Thanks but I still have to get a usb-serial adapter to try to pull the tune from the old Kalmaker Delco. :comp:
Dylan wrote:Closed loop idle is just speed control via timing advance and IAC steps.

Changing the VE in that cell should remove fuel. Provided you aren't targeting 14.7 AFR at idle?
so this is the main ve 20-100kpa, as this is the one i was changing. target AFR was 13 WB was showing about 10.5. Decreasing cell values didn't seem to have any effect.

I will log it when i get a chance and also have a closer look at the value i have used for injector rate, im using bosch 931 LS1 injectors at 3.5 bar I have calculated .111 as the rate with the kinjflow calc.