Electric Fan options 12p tune

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Electric Fan options 12p tune

Post by heff0018 »

Hi all, I hooked up the stock Camira thermo fan relay and wiring and am not getting an earth signal from the ecu. On the Camira wiring I am pretty sure this is a mid dark blue wire. Has the stock fan been turned off in the 12p tune, cheers

In tunerpro the high speed fan shows as on so I guess the blue ground trigger is not connected to this.

Cheers
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Electric Fan options 12p tune

Post by Charlescrown »

Not sure if it's originally turned off but I use the high speed fan output and set road speed to 0 and temp to 90 and it works fine. Just do a search under fan with parameter finder and you will see what I mean.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks, I found this thread and i think the original fan is disabled. What pin is the high speed output? I am sure there is a thread somewhere thAt has the pins for 12p but I can’t find it. Cheers

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4314&p=72110&hilit= ... fan#p72110
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks for that. That shows the fan relay as C1 which is the same as the factory. I am still confused, is this the same pin that provides the signal for the high speed fan that shows as on in tuner pro?

Cheers
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Charlescrown wrote:Just do a search under fan with parameter finder and you will see what I mean.
Thanks I searched for this but came up with no threads
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

I think I may have worked out one of my problems. The stock Camira fan wiring has the blue wire it pin 85 and the pink ignition on wire to pin 86, 87 is black power to the fan and 30 is orange from the battery. The Camira wiring shows B+ for pin C1 which I assume is ignition. I assume the high speed fan uses an earth to signal the relay and if so the pink and blue would need to be swapped around. Is this right I don’t want to fry the ECU.

Sorry I am not great with electronics, Cheers.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

You misunderstood what I meant. In tunerpro you go into parameter finder and type in fan and all the parameters will come up to allow the program to turn the fan on. With the relay 30 and 87 are always the main power switching to switch the fan on and off. 86 and 87 are the relay coil terminals. Not sure if the ECU powers or earths the relay to turn it on but you won't fry the ECU if you get it wrong. + to + or - to - it won't switch. The colours I can't help I don't have a Camira wiring diagram. I will have a look today and see if the ECU powers or earths the relay. Someone who knows might drop in beforehand.
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Charlescrown wrote:You misunderstood what I meant. In tunerpro you go into parameter finder and type in fan and all the parameters will come up to allow the program to turn the fan on. With the relay 30 and 87 are always the main power switching to switch the fan on and off. 86 and 87 are the relay coil terminals. Not sure if the ECU powers or earths the relay to turn it on but you won't fry the ECU if you get it wrong. + to + or - to - it won't switch. The colours I can't help I don't have a Camira wiring diagram. I will have a look today and see if the ECU powers or earths the relay. Someone who knows might drop in beforehand.
Ha, thanks. No doubt I misunderstood. Glad to hear that I can't fry to CPU because no doubt I had the 86 & 87 all arse up but I was just plugging the fan relay back in as it was in the Camira, dark blue to dark blue and pink to ignition.

'In tunerpro you go into parameter finder and type in fan',
thanks that's good to know for future but I did find the high speed fan parameters by manual search.

My question is what pin provides the signal for the relay coil terminals when you want to use the high speed fan, or maybe I have this completely wrong? Or do you still need to make a flex table to operate the high speed fan and use the allocated pin for the flex table.

Cheers
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

C1 is the ECU cooling fan relay. No need for a flex table. The params in the program tell it when to switch on. As I said I set road speed to 0 and temp to 90 and it works fine. Will check out if the ECU powers or grounds the relay.
Looks like the ECU grounds the relay to turn it on so you need to connect power to relay terminal 86 (dosn't make any difference if you are using 85) and the other relay field wire to terminal C1, setup the switching params in the program like I said with your desired temp and it should work fine.